We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel arrival time if flight arrives at 9:10 pm

ottawa
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Topic
Hotel arrival time if flight arrives at 9:10 pm

Arriving at the airport if all goes on time at 9:10 pm what time do you expect i would be in my room by? But this would mean I would also travel to back to the airport at night and miss out on the scenery. Not to many options from Ottawa and if I go to montreal the cost increase. So trying to weight my pros and cons!

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel arrival time if flight arrives at 9:10 pm

At the earliest 11pm

Cambridge, Canada
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel arrival time if flight arrives at 9:10 pm

I would say about midnight. The resorts are a minimum 1 1/2 hours from the airport and by the time you disembark, go through customs and get on the bus and get going it'll take at least that long.

On our last trip to Holguin we arrived 8:35pm and got to the resort about 11:30pm and the resort is only an hour from the airport.

I've been to CSM before so I know how long it takes as they have to go through the towns and along the causeway.

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel arrival time if flight arrives at 9:10 pm

At least 30 to 45 min to clear customs and get on the bus, however the bus has to wait for everyone so it can easily be an hour.

The ride is 90 min but there have been multiple reports of a new road bypassing Remedios which saves 20 min.

Some resorts on CSM hand you you check-in/bracelet/keys in an envelope, some don't. If they don't, it's another 20 to 30 min to get your bags off the bus and check-in.

Then, you've got 10 to 20 min to find your room. We always take a flashlight as the walks are dark and many resorts are terrible at maps and identifying units.

The good part of a late arrival is that you get to spend all day at the resort on the last day, rather than getting up at 4 or 5 am. to leave.

Hamilton, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,869 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel arrival time if flight arrives at 9:10 pm

Our flight is scheduled to arrive at 12.30am (Cuba time, after we swtich to daylight savings) and I don't imagine we'll get to the resort much before 3am. :( What is bothering me is that we are supposed to check out at noon, and will have approximately 8 hours without a room before we head to the airport. Late checkout may be available, but it is hit and miss. We are headed to Melia Cayo Santa Maria. Has anyone been there recently and can give me an idea of what they charge for late check out?

Cambridge, Canada
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel arrival time if flight arrives at 9:10 pm

TravelDougA: Just curious as to where you heard about the new road? Are they actually building it or are they just talking about it? It would be good because even being able to save 20 minutes would be helpful.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6,389 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel arrival time if flight arrives at 9:10 pm

Hola

the road is built, appears some have taken it back to the airport....I think deebob..used it coming back to the airport a few weeks back.

cheers.

Cambridge, Canada
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel arrival time if flight arrives at 9:10 pm

rrrichar: thanks for the info.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel arrival time if flight arrives at 9:10 pm

Hi SBDriver,

Yes you have to checkout of your room at MCSM at noon.

I flew back to Montreal mid Decmber, leaving around 6:00pm from the hotel back to the airport.

I checked out at noon, put my big suitcase in the lobby and kept my carry-on with me.

Around 4:00pm I went to the front desk and asked for a courtesy room to take a shower and get dressed for the return flight.

Went to the pool snack bar, had a meal and then boarded the bus back to the airport around 6:00pm.

You can pay extra for a late checkout, but if you are leaving for the airport really late in the day, the hotel wants to get the rooms prepared for the next flight coming in, so they may only allow you to keep the room for a certain number of hours.

Have a great time at MCSM, it is my favourite resort.

Hamilton, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,869 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel arrival time if flight arrives at 9:10 pm

Thanks for the info robert_kulyk. I was afraid of that. I've heard horror stories of people using the courtesy room and other people walking in to use it too! Our flight does not leave until 1.30am, so I would imagine we won't leave the resort until 8.30pm (ish) Despite the lousy flight times, we are really looking forward to our time at MCSM.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel arrival time if flight arrives at 9:10 pm

Hello again SBDriver!

I was also worried about this point, but it has never happened.

When you go to the front desk they give you a card for the door to the courtesy room.

When you bring the card back to the front desk when you are done using the room the next person is given the card.

Have done this for years and never had a problem.

Robert!