We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hoping for better weather next week

mississauga
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
hoping for better weather next week

Hello, we are coming to Cayo Santa Maria on Saturday (feb.2) and the forecast is not the greatest . I looked at a few different weather sites and seemes like nights will be chilly? How accurate those sites could be?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6,095 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hoping for better weather next week

Hola

the nights this time of the year can be chilly for some...normal...if lots of wind.....we got back last friday night...the week we left and checked the reports....and what we had...apples and oranges....lol......just take what comes and enjoy....you cannot change it...lol.

cheers.

Halifax, Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
48 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hoping for better weather next week

I am leaving on Thursday so hope the weather is ok. I normally go to Cuba in April so don't know what to expect! Some of the new reviews seem to be dissappointing. Hope the standard of the hotel is not slipping due to it being fully booked.

Lindsay, Ontario
Level Contributor
331 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hoping for better weather next week

We have gone the last two weeks of February for the past four years, also had good weather, sure some days not as good as others but you are not shovelling snow, scrapping your car off, you will not be wearing heavy winter boots L0L, go have fun and relax and enjoy! Have fun and look forward to your review!

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
19,484 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hoping for better weather next week

I had an email this morning, from yesterday, and one of my friends there said it was 30 c.

Can that get any better ?

mississauga
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hoping for better weather next week

I wished we were there today. Lets hope that it can stay nice for the next 10 days.

Level Contributor
1 post
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hoping for better weather next week

We're leaving on the 6th and have been checking the weather reports every few hour it seems. The 14 day outlook is getting better but how reliable are those anyways.

We went last year at the same time and it does cool off at night, which makes for great sleeping without a noisy a/c. But during the day when the sun is shining and the wind is down, it's beautiful. Perfect temps for a winter getaway.

mississauga
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hoping for better weather next week

I am just suprised to see heavy rain all day in a forcast.It is our 9th time to Cuba and i experienced rain only once for like 20 mins. Can it rain all day?

Montreal
Level Contributor
4,339 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hoping for better weather next week

Of course it CAN rain all day. It's rare, but I've experienced three days of straight rain in Cuba-- Mind you, this was in October, which is known to be the rainiest month.

The forecasts can't be trusted at all for more than 24hrs in advance.

So, you can check the forecasts constantly and be happy when its good. Then you can look again five hours later, see that it's changed and then be sad-- worrying that day four of your trip that you're taking next week may be rainy..

Or you can avoid looking altogether and not worry about it. The odds of having a gorgeous week are in your favor.

It's taken me 11 vacations to stop weather-watching and stressing weeks in advance.

9. Re: hoping for better weather next week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 01, 2014