We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single Supplement

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
72 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Single Supplement

I am 57yrs old and want to book the Royalton in Cayo Santa Maria, but it won't let me book, states there has to be 2 people. Don't they think mature people travel ALONE, and want to stay in a nice place. PLease help. I need an e-mail address so I can talk to management regarding this. Thank You.

saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,505 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Single Supplement

ELTORO 2010 go to Sunwing's website , The price for Jan.19 departure out of TO is $695. + taxes. Start your booking process. When you change to 1adult/1room = THE PRICE remains at $695. plus taxes.

Edited: 4:51 pm, January 05, 2013
saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,505 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Single Supplement

And its only $495. + taxes if you leave on Wed. Jan. 16.

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Single Supplement

Ok, I see that for those dates, did you book either of these dates? I have found at times in the past when booking, that the price changes at the final booking.

It surprises me that there are and sups on those dates.

East Coast
Level Contributor
2,081 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Single Supplement

It's basically supply and demand. If the tour company can get two people in a room paying $1,000 each for a total of $2,000, why would they give a single person a room for $1,000? They lose $1,000 by doing that

I'm a single traveller too so I know your pain..

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
509 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Single Supplement

I hate to be pedantic, but...

nadma: the Memories ARE rated at 5 stars, altho we all know they are barely 4 stars.

ELTORO (post #8) are you refering to the "no single supplement" we often see in low season ? I think the OP is aware he cannot get the room at the usually shown price and will have to incur a supplement (hefty, says nadma) to be alone in his room. But he seems willing, he just cannot book it online.

-p.

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Single Supplement

poisson59, has cuba59 pointed out, it is possible to book online. The way that Sunwing has it structured, you can book a twin bed room or a kingsize bed room. i have found that if you try to book single for a kingsize room it will not allow you, but if you book a twin room (single) you will be able to do so. You just have to be certain which you are booking.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,836 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Single Supplement

Poisson59, really? where do you see 5* for Memories? On Sunwing website? Because everywhere else I look (on third party websites, like Trip Central and the like) they are 4.5* and so they should be (even less in my opinion - I'd put them at 4* since Melia CSM and Melia Las Dunas are 4.5*). The only 5* on CSM are Royalton, Melia Buenavista and Iberostar Ensenachos.

Cheers

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
509 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Single Supplement

nadma,

ok, I wrote "rated" when I meant "advertised as". For the rest, you share my opinion (which is sololy based on reviews). Memories are overrated. Maybe they meant to be good, but Cuba being what it is, they simply cannot deliver.

Even the Ensenachos is slipping and it's current rating is artificially doped by it's previous status. From recent reviews, I'm not sure it should still be rated a 5.

True 5 stars, even by Cuban standards, are very rare in Cuba.

-p.

19. Re: Single Supplement

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 08, 2014