We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria beach and Colonial Resort

Chatham, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria beach and Colonial Resort

Hello, my sister and I have some mail we would like to send and hoped we could mail it to you and have you deliever it (oftenmail will not make it to the peson in Cuba or takes a long time)

Please let us know if you are willing!

Thanks

Ontario
Level Contributor
1,213 posts
32 reviews
133 helpful votes
1. Re: Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria beach and Colonial Resort

sure...i will...send me an inbox message with details...leaving one month today!

Toronto, Ontario...
2 posts
2. Re: Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria beach and Colonial Resort

Im leaving on saturday to go there.... but I dont think your mail would make it to me on time, sorry...

Chatham, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria beach and Colonial Resort

thats okay! enjoy your trip! :)

Chatham, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria beach and Colonial Resort

awesome, thank you! i will send you details within the week!

Moncton NB
Level Contributor
755 posts
1 review
10 helpful votes
5. Re: Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria beach and Colonial Resort

those of you that recently went to this resort.. how was it? we are thinking of going there in march :) thanks

Chatham, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria beach and Colonial Resort

I was there last March and I loved it. I have read other reviews since being there, most seemed positive. The beaches are amazing, the staff are very nice, the food is okay, the rooms are excellent (i selpt amazing)

Overall I would recommend it for sure. If your looking for an upbeat night life you will have to go off the resort to a local town for their disco (which was a lot of fun). They offer a wide range of activites to do off the resort as well.

I know you asked for recent reviews but i thought i would share my thoughts too! im hoping to go back in March as well.

:)

Moncton NB
Level Contributor
755 posts
1 review
10 helpful votes
7. Re: Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria beach and Colonial Resort

thanks so much!! :)

Ontario
Level Contributor
1,213 posts
32 reviews
133 helpful votes
8. Re: Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria beach and Colonial Resort

Just home hockeymom71 and it was as stated...beautiful ! Its def not a party place though :) Nice rooms, excellent staff, great food and great location !

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
170 posts
16 reviews
44 helpful votes
9. Re: Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria beach and Colonial Resort

just found a deal on this 4 star resort....always was told NOT to go to Cuba unless u get a 5 star.. (which is usually a 3.5 or 4 in Mexico) .. anyways is the water on this beach calm????

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
902 posts
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
10. Re: Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria beach and Colonial Resort

I have stayed at a couple of hotels on this beach including this one and I had no problems with room, food or service.

The beaches face north and into the Atlantic so chances are there are going to be more days that are windy with lots of waves than there are going to be calm days. Still a great place to go. If you want to find out more info about the Cayo go here: www.coyosantamaria.info