We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nude Beach

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
428 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Nude Beach

So I am getting excited since I leave in 6 days, I have a question about the nude beach. Is it well used by nude bathers? What I mean is I don't want to make people uncomfortable by being the only person nude on the beach.

I gather there are no facilities (i.e. places to buy a drink) on that stretch of beach. Is it like some nude beaches I've been to where it's a sort of pot-luck where you bring stuff and sharing isn't expected but most people are likely to share? What I mean is should I find a place to buy a case of beer or pops and bring it with me or should I just bring what I will want/need?

Some people who are looking to gawk, might feel cheated seeing me nude, but that's their problem on that one. Are there tons of gawkers,? Frankly I could care less if someone ends up taking a picture of me while nude, but I'm not really going there to show off what I have.

Lastly, a general beach question. I assume that you can walk the length of the beach regardless of which resort that stretch is in front of? When I was in Jamaica I noticed that if you stuck to the waterline, you could pass through each resorts' beach, but if you walked any higher security would chase you away. Is Cayo Santa Maria like this or will I be fine walking along resorts and if I decided to put my towel down in front of another resort, I won't get hurried along? Of course I won't be taking a beach lounger from any resort other than MLD, so I won't be using property I didn't pay for.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
831 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nude Beach

One can walk or sit anywhere on the beach. I am not sure if one would be denied the use of a lounger. Access to the hotels is blocked by security guards at the ends of the paths accessing the hotels.

I know nothing about the nude beaches.

Edited: 5:34 pm, November 21, 2010
Consett, United...
Level Contributor
20,653 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nude Beach

Yes you can walk the beach , sit on the loungers but if you do that you must be clothed. You may only go nude at the clothing optional section of the beach.

There are loungers and a little shade at that end but you will need to take all you need drink and food wise.

You will have drinks in your fridge so you could take them with you.

You will not be stopped and or moved on from the beach, it is for all to use.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
428 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nude Beach

Oh for sure I wasn't planning to wander the beach nude. I'd wear my shorts until I got to the nude section.

Are there signs or anything that clearly indicates where the boundary of the nude beach is?

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
20,653 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nude Beach

It is past the Sol. There used to be a sign, think it is still there. But you will know when you are there.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6,399 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nude Beach

Hola

Are there signs or anything that clearly indicates where the boundary of the nude beach is?

No signs that I've ever seen, but very easy to figure out....really....I would also bring your own shade....with you.....have seen some very red bodies on that beach..

cheers

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
20,653 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nude Beach

In all the pictures, my friends, it clearly shows a sign that says Clothing optional.

There is also cover down there and loungers. Again this is in my friends pics.

Ontario
Level Contributor
8,556 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nude Beach

"Are there signs or anything that clearly indicates where the boundary of the nude beach is?"

Used to be a sign but currently (as of last Friday) it is not there. It shouldn't be hard for you to figure it out. Usually there will be some folks there.......just past the last walkway at the west side of Sol. :-)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6,399 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nude Beach

Hola

Again bring your own shade...They are gone very early....hell in front MCSM by 7 in the morning they are gone, in high season.....thanks eeeee...was 3 times this year...I did not see a sign....then again did not have clothes on, oh I mean glasses ...lol.

cheers

9. Re: Nude Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 22, 2011