We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there any vodka at mcsm?

whistler,bc
7 posts
Save Topic
Is there any vodka at mcsm?

Just wondering if there is any vodka at the resort. A morning caesar would be great! (and probally needed here and there) We are planning to bring the clamato and garnishes as I know there is no clamato in cuba but should I buy a bottle of vodka at the duty free?

Iglesia San Juan Bautista de Remedios
Sacred & Religious Sites, Historic Sites, Scenic Walking Areas, Points of Interest & Landmarks, Churches & Cathedrals
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
448 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there any vodka at mcsm?

The only way it's possible that there won't be any vodka at this resort is if 20" of snow fall and the supply trucks can't get through. Otherwise, you should be OK.

It's a good thing you're bringing the clamato... not only have they never heard of it but they look at you like a crazy man if you describe it to them.

Be careful of the garnishes! A friend had his limes and lemons confiscated after a sniffer beagle at the Santa Clara airport got a whiff of them. Another friend lost her apples. Thus does Cuban agriculture remain safe from destructive Canadian pestilence.

And do remember to try the Cuban rum... have a mojito on me!

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there any vodka at mcsm?

You can't bring in any animal or plant products this includes fruits and veggies. Just like in Canada our sniffer Beagles look for agriculture products. If you get caught bringing anything in you can get fine or be prosecuted.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there any vodka at mcsm?

pretty much any 4 star plus resort in Cuba will have other types of alcohol on top of rum, including vodka, but be warned, they are not brand names, instead some weird look-alike brands, but they do the trick.

Bringing your own Clamato is a good tip, but be careful, it will add considerable weight to your luggage which is already subject to a weight restriction. That, and imagine if that clamato somehow leaks or breaks in your luggage!?!?! LOL!

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
whistler,bc
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there any vodka at mcsm?

Thanks guys. I had no intentions of bringing fruit. If they run out of limes in Cuba there would be a mojito epidemic. Just the necessities. Clamato, tobasco and worcestershire. I had heard on another board that their resort did not carry vodka hence the question. Thanks for the quick replies! 8 more sleeps!!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
ontario
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there any vodka at mcsm?

I know this is in french but understandable check it out

www.cayosantamaria.info

6. Re: Is there any vodka at mcsm?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, October 16, 2009