We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May Vacation

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
46 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
May Vacation

Planning a weekend Trip in May. Any suggestions for hotel for 2 adults.

Canada Eh
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: May Vacation

we've never stayed here, but its our tradition each year to go and order pizza from this little inn....from what we've seen, its always packed, the owners are really friendly and the place is beautifully done inside and out

hope this helps...

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: May Vacation

traceylynne - Sorry, what inn is that?

ktown

Canada Eh
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: May Vacation

so sorry,...I thought I pasted the link

http://www.adventurethebruceinn.com/

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
46 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: May Vacation

Why the mixed reviews for Big Tub Harbour Resort. Any comments

Canada Eh
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: May Vacation

I just took a look, not sure if maybe they have new owners, But i do know that the whole tobermory area is alot busier these days then it was a few years ago...have you looked into staying at the grandview?......that one looks really nice from the road and its a little bit away from the main town as well.....while I don;t know anyone who's ever stayed there, I do know alot of people who have dined and always recommend it..

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: May Vacation

Hi Coleco76,

Welcome to the TOBERMORY TRAVEL FORUM.

As a long time user of TripAdvisor, I find that sometimes you have to read “between the lines” when it comes to the Comments portion of the REVIEWS… which is why I always start by looking at the Stats… as of today (Monday, February 28, 2011) at just before 4 PM EST their ranking is as follows:

BIG TUB HARBOUR RESORT - # 7 of 9 Hotels listed for Tobermory. This is an unranked property (meaning NO Stars awarded by the Hotel Industry… so has never been inspected for that type of status). It has currently 3 HOOTS for Satisfaction as awarded by TA Members like yourself who have submitted HOTEL REVIEWS. And todate there are 12 Reviews, of that 5 gave it an Excellent, and 1 gave it a Very Good… which accounts for its 66% Thumbs Up Recommendation. The latest Review is dated August 31, 2010

More telling for me though is the fact that 7 Reviews were written in 2010… and ALL of them went from one extreme to the other (1 HOOT or 5 HOOTS)… And of the lot, 4 scored this property with just 1 HOOT… so I’d say that the Property is certainly in a “declining period”.

Three of the most interesting Reviews submitted would be by fairly active TA Members… two from 2010 and one from 2009…

VANDEHEJA from Ottawa, having 34 TA Contributions todate, gave the property just 1 HOOT on July 11, 2010.

KEMBRY3 from Georgia, having 15 TA Contributions todate, gave this property 5 HOOTS on June 19, 2010

And, probably the best info available comes from SENGAMILNE of Toronto, having 319 TA Contributions todate, who gave this property 3 HOOTS on August 27, 2009 and summed up their Review quite well in its title *A Cottage Experience*

Looks like, the Big Tub Harbour Resort charges premium prices for a spot in Cottage Country (which isn’t all that unusual) and yet many feels it could use a facelift… some Travellers certainly understand the idea of Cottage Rustic… while it is lost on others.

At least that is how I read it…

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Edited: 4:21 pm, February 28, 2011
7. Re: May Vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, June 06, 2016