We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shark & Sting Ray tour From Raanui Tours or Moana Adventure?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
30 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Shark & Sting Ray tour From Raanui Tours or Moana Adventure?

We would like to book a Shark & Sting Ray feeding tour. Can someone share your expereince from these two tours? Are they providing the same tour? Do they go the same location and etc.?

thank you very much!

Michigan
Level Contributor
491 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shark & Sting Ray tour From Raanui Tours or Moana Adventure?

I can't speak for Moana but we did a shark/sting ray full day trip with Raanui (Lou was our guide) and it was great - we loved it. We went September 2013. Swam with smaller leopard sharks & sting rays, Lou fed the sting rays and allows you to "pet" them if you want and then swam with larger lemon sharks at another stop. Think we made 4-5 stops overall and saw an incredible array of fish, sharks, sting rays. We chose the longer trip with lunch - it was delicious (fish, steak, rice, bread, pineapple) and more food than we could eat. If you book directly with Raanui and pay cash you can save a few dollars I think. That's what we did.

Julie

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
30 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shark & Sting Ray tour From Raanui Tours or Moana Adventure?

thank you, think we are going to book the 1/2 day with Raanui Tour.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
6 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shark & Sting Ray tour From Raanui Tours or Moana Adventure?

Hi

Did you do the 1/2 day trip with Raanui? Your experience?

Francois

Nebraska
Level Contributor
584 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shark & Sting Ray tour From Raanui Tours or Moana Adventure?

Did the full (3/4 day) day and just like mentioned above, it was awesome. Not only did we see numerous fish, rays, sharks, etc., we too had that incredible lunch.

Livonia, Michigan
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Shark & Sting Ray tour From Raanui Tours or Moana Adventure?

We just got back from Bora and Bora and did the full day tour with Raanui and loved it! My husband was very skeptical of snorkeling with sharks (reef or lemon) but our guides made us feel very comfortable. He was really glad we did it afterwards. We stopped four times -- which kind of surprised us. The first was to see the stingrays and black tip reef sharks. We were in about chest high water -- the sharks were probably 3-4 feet each. The stingrays were very friendly -- it was clear they were very used to the tour visits. The second stop was at a coral reef where several varieties of fish were found. The third stop was to swim with the lemon sharks in slightly deeper water -- a couple of 3-5 feet sharks as well as a large one (6-8 feet maybe?). Our guide would swim down and grab onto the fin of the large shark and "ride" it. He took a few people down to do it as well -- my husband and I aren't strong divers when snorkeling, so we passed. The last stop was the most unexpected -- we saw manta rays (in very deep water)! They are so regal looking and huge -- a definite treat.

The lunch was some of the best food we had! I would definitely recommend Raanui tours -- from talking with others who went on other tours -- it sounded like we were the only ones to see manta rays.

6. Re: Shark & Sting Ray tour From Raanui Tours or Moana Adventure?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, August 17, 2015