We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

YVHR Yucatan Vacation Home Rentals & Property Management

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Progreso hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
devon, alberta
Level Contributor
133 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
YVHR Yucatan Vacation Home Rentals & Property Management

I would just like to recommend the above vacation rentals as we are in one of the lovely homes now as we speak! Not only have they gone out of their way to make sure everything is perfect and in working order, Lynne from the company met us at the house at 9:30 at night complete with a bottle of wine to welcome us! Lynne left on a short holiday and we were introduced to Maria Jose (who is completely bi-lingual) and what a delight she has been! She came out at 9 at night to make sure my internet was working and when the Internet stick didn't work unless you were sitting on the deck by the beach, she got the owner to install WiFi in the house. She also helped me to get the TV working and brought us a DVD player as well as a grill! And today she came to our rescue at a spot-check on the highway as we speak no Spanish & the office no English - that's what a cell phone and a great agent is for! They have gone beyond the call of duty for us and I guess in a way I have to thank Progreso Vacation Rentals for screwing up our reservation as had they not - we never would have discovered this wonderful company and these wonderful ladies! So the next time you want to rent a house in Progreso/Chicxhulub area - make sure you contact YVHR Yucatan Vactaion HOme Rentals and Property Management, You will never regret it! They keep their word and are honest hard working individuals! THE BEST!! Can't say enough great things about them!!! If you would like any information or recommendations about YVHR Yucatan Vacation Home Rentals & Property Management, please feel free to contact me and I can rave some more about this fabulous company and the ladies who have made our trip so comfortable!

Toronto
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: YVHR Yucatan Vacation Home Rentals & Property Management

We rented from Yucatan Vacation Home Rentals detached house located at Calle 31 between 74 and 76 in Progreso. There was no house number, but I would guess #117 or #117b. There was no house number in our contract from some reason.

Anyhow we paid good money to stay there, $1300 + $200 for a 4-week period in February 2013. No pool, no A/C, no laundry....cockroaches, mouldy, horrible water pressure, one of two bathrooms totally useless...dusty backyard with dangerous sinkhole. If you have children, pets or allergies you don't want to stay there.

The very same day after we had paid in full, the property manager in charge, Maria Jose (who was actually the house owner) sent us an email from her private email address different from info.yvhr@gmail.com asking for more money.

Very busy and congested street and with no decent backyard to speak of. We had to sit outside in the front entrance garage area. While converted to a nice sitting area, it is still very noisy, dusty and smelly with vehicle exhaust from the street.

The house had a number of invisible problems. For example, as lovely as the master suite bathroom appeared, its underlying plumbing left a lot to be desired.

To my surprise, we were constantly harassed by the property manager and her disturbed (?) family members who did not speak any English. Accordingly I was not pleased with their inordinate behaviour which was especially disturbing when we were contacted either very late at night (10:30 PM they yelled in front of the house) or early morning (7AM on Sunday).

After we requested to speak to YVHR owner, we received additional rude letters from the property manager claiming YVHR owner was not the real owner, that she was aware of our dissatisfaction and simply she did not care. Short and sweet and all in writing....

When we returned home, we left the house in perfect condition and we left requested money for cleaning.

I have since received correspondence from YVHR "american owner" with a written apology. Too little, too late. I did not let any of this ruin my time spent in Progresso. But I offer it as a simple warning that if you do choose to rent from this group, you do so with an open and aware mind - Yucatan Vacation Home Rentals -YVHR is not american run business so lower your expectations accordingly. You will end up paying "gringo price" for horrible experience. Photos available uponrequest.

devon, alberta
Level Contributor
133 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: YVHR Yucatan Vacation Home Rentals & Property Management

This amazes me! Having rented fro YVHR this past winter (actually the same time as you did) and we had nothing but the most perfect service (above & beyond the call of duty service) from MariaJose and Lynn so this has me baffled! Did you not see pictures of your rental BEFORE you went down there? And did you accept it when you arrived or did you voice you concern? As for water pressure - all of Mexico has low water pressure unless there is a high pressure system installed so that won't be any different with any other house that you rent. We went to MariaJose's home for a visit and it was nowhere near this address so I am not sure where your rental was! It is a shame you experienced this but perhaps you would be better off in a resort than in a vacation home rental! We loved the service, the house & the "girls" at YVHR - they even checked on us every couple of weeks to make sure we were still content in the house. I have a hard time believing this happened!

Toronto
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: YVHR Yucatan Vacation Home Rentals & Property Management

Water pressure was our least problem among more disturbing incidents. I 'm so glad that you had a better experience. However we all believe what we choose to believe.

From Maria Jose:

"Yes, Lynn read all the emails too but you make the deal with me that's why she isn't answerd you. She is in north carolina right now, she went to visit her brother but if you want to call her please feel free to do it. Also she is not the YVHR owner, everyone has responsibilities in the company and she manage the web site and advertisements in newspapers and magazines. I'll see you at 5 pm as we agree"

Maria

Enviado a través de BlackBerry de movistar

and from Lynn:

"I am Lynn, and as you say, I am one of the principals in YVHR. I deeply regret your bad experience with the rental, but I was completely unaware of any problems until last night. This morning I went with my associate, Gabriela, and her sister (the owner of the house) in hopes of resolving any problem(s) you may have had. I was sorry to not have an opportunity to hear your side of the story. To me, in reviewing the latest chain of emails, it seems that there was a lack of communication between all parties, and a resultant series of misunderstandings. Again, I deeply regret if this caused you any problems, and I can certainly understand that a 10:30 p.m. visit from the owner was out of order.

Please accept my apologies, and let me know if there´s anything I can do, at this late stage, to make your experience with YVHR a more pleasant memory."

Sincerely...................................Lynn

Yucatan Vacation Home Rentals & Property Management

Gabriela or Lynn (English/Spanish) *999-234-2903 cell phone

María (English/Spanish) *999-110-9354 cell phone

Land line *969-935-7859

*(country code 52 if calling outside of Mexico, + 1 if calling to cell phone)

www.YucatanVacationHomeRentals.com.mx

Mexico, Missouri
Level Contributor
21 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: YVHR Yucatan Vacation Home Rentals & Property Management

I booked a beach house with YVHR. (Delightful Oceanfront). Through no fault of the agency the home became unavailable. (Owners doing repairs during the time we reserved) Lynn worked VERY hard to find us another place that met our specific needs.

The notice they gave us (around 6 weeks) was more than enough time to cancel the car rental and finalize new plans so In the end we decided to just wait and go to Delightful Oceanfront next year and stay in the Mayan riviera this year. A week on Cozumel and a week on Isla Mujeres.

Once we informed Lynn of this our deposit was fully refunded within hours, no more questions asked. Lynn was very apologetic and we WILL be using them again next year for Delightful Oceanfront. I would recommend them to anyone.

5. Re: YVHR Yucatan Vacation Home Rentals & Property Management

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 04, 2014