We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

progresovacationrentals.com

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
jacksonville...
Level Contributor
7 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
progresovacationrentals.com

Does anyone know anything about the above company and their website? I have been looking at houses in the Progreso area for the past week or so, and they seem to have an unusually large number of gorgeous homes for rent at really great prices. I don't see most of these houses on any other rental sites for the area, and just wondering if they are for real?? Has anyone else ever rented from that particular site? thanks!

Yucatan Cenote Eco-Aventuras
Archaeology Tours, Private Tours, Cultural Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Eco Tours
Lawson's Original Yucatan Excursions - Day Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Archaeology Tours
Yucatan Snook
Fishing Charters & Tours
devon, alberta
Level Contributor
133 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: progresovacationrentals.com

Oh no they are not out of business - just got my refund from them as I didn't want to fall for the "bait & switch" routine they usually pull! The house I reserved in July - suddenly was unavailable! Had a very bad feeling about this company after reading the hundreds of lousy reviews and thought that I would rather loose my deposit than spend 6 weeks in a dump! And lo and behold the "owner rented the house out" and of course they didn't know! But I will say at least they refunded my entire deposit without a fight! So if they are not out of business - I truly hope they will be soon as too many people have been treated badly by PVR!! I am pleased that some people have had a decent experience but I wasn't willing to risk that!!

Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: progresovacationrentals.com

We had some issues on the front end. Apparantly the owner decided to remodel. I went into panic mode but after a few days, a few emails, and a couple of posts here I was contacted and the rental was resolved without further complications. The final property was all that we were looking for, in great shape, and we had a wonderful time. Hey, this is Mexico not the Marriot you are dealing with and things are just "different" to say the least. In some ways it is part of the adventure.

43. Re: progresovacationrentals.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:05 am, July 05, 2015
44. Re: progresovacationrentals.com

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:32 am, July 05, 2015
45. Re: progresovacationrentals.com

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:05 am, July 05, 2015
46. Re: progresovacationrentals.com

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 22, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Progreso
Recent Conversations