We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do while there

Marlton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,078 posts
731 reviews
Save Topic
What to do while there

We are on a cruise which is in port from 11am until 7 pm. The choices we have are a walk in the National Park up to the statue or sea kayaking or zodiac through the fiord. I am not sure which one is better for scenery and beauty. Would we be able to see maine life in late Septmber? Alsofor the time we are in La Baie, is there anything close to the port at Bagotville? Is there any transportation to the town from there? I appreciate your help. Thank you and Merci.

5 replies to this topic
Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,094 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do while there

Well I am not so familiar with the new sea vessels going up to La Baie but I must mention that the choices that are offered to you are all backtracking into the fjord area of the Saguenay River and you will do the exact same thing on your cruise ship just a few hours later.

So beside those it is worth noting that La Baie is now part of the agglomerated city of Ville de Saguenay and some municipal transportation is available to go to Chicoutimi, the most active part of that newish city. Then in Chicoutimi the main attraction is the La Vieille Pulperie museum/historic site. It was the first paper making installation in the area and has many indoor and outdoor attractions, including, indoor, the whole house of the folk painterr and barber Arthur Villeneuve that he completely covered with his whimsical murals.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,094 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do while there

From a year ago one of my old reply: tripadvisor.com/…36100903

Marlton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,078 posts
731 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do while there

Thank you for your help. I went through and researched all that I could find on this forum. Does that mean that there is a bus system to go to the city and the pulp museum from the dock area? The airport as well where there are car rentals? That way we could drive to the town. I want to get some souvenirs of the area. Merci and thank you.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,094 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do while there

Société de Transports de Saguenay (STS), the website is in French only but you can try to contact them in advance: STS customers Service Tel. : 418 545-2487, e-mail : sts@stsaguenay.com

Marlton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,078 posts
731 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do while there

Thank you very much. I would imagine that there would be taxis around the dock when the ship comes in. It is too bad that there are not independent tour operators. On a big ship like this one coming in, I am sure they would have customers. Merci.

Reply to: What to do while there
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about La Baie
Recent Conversations