We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

small planet flights with Olympic holidays.

da176ep
Level Contributor
215 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
small planet flights with Olympic holidays.

Has anybody experienced problems with their flights with Small Planet when booking with Olympic holidays to cyprus.My friend was booked to fly with them to Larnaca on 29th may and flight was changed to Thomsons.Yesterday people expecting to fly back with Small planet who had been there a week had their flight changed,times different and flying to Luton and bus back to Gatwick.This changed an afternoon flight to a night flight and believe they may have flown with Monarch.We are due to fly 26th june and are wanting to book train tickets for the journey to Gatwick so a bit concerned at these last minute changes which suggests all is not well.Any help appreciated.

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
75 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: small planet flights with Olympic holidays.

We fly to Larnaca from Birmingham with Small Planet on the 22nd June. As we had not yet had the tickets husband phoned Olympic and was told they do not send tickets out now until ten days before holiday. Whilst on the phone he asked if the times of the flight were the same as we have booked taxi to airport and was told the flight details had not changed. Was therefore a bit concerned to read your posting.

da176ep
Level Contributor
215 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: small planet flights with Olympic holidays.

We recieved our tickets on wednesday flying the 26th but we did only book on 31st may,so maybe it was easier to do confirmation and tickets together.Still feel they are being elusive but will ring them on wednesday and ask the question direct if they might change the flight.My friend did have 2 weeks notice of her change to Thomsons.Maybe you should just wait for your tickets.Have read a thread on Small Planet and believe they have 6 planes and if there is a problem with one they are stuffed.Hence the delays and different airlines used sometimes.They are heavily used by Olympic to lots of places inc the canaries and i think Cosmos have been using them sometimes too.

da176ep
Level Contributor
215 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: small planet flights with Olympic holidays.

Sorry to say my friend text me yesterday the following news.People from Birmingham just arrived been travelling for 17 hours.They waited at Birmingham and were then told no flight and taken to Manchester.They had a long wait there and then flown to Paphos and bought here by coach,they're shattered.Its not looking good for any of us flying with Small Planet.Have you got your tickets yet?

Edited: 3:56 am, June 10, 2013
Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
75 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: small planet flights with Olympic holidays.

Not got tickets as yet, but in view of these postings may ring Olympic today or tomorrow and say we have concerns about the flights. Will post an update as soon as I hear anything.

da176ep
Level Contributor
215 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: small planet flights with Olympic holidays.

Think you should as you should have your tickets by now unless they are waiting to see what happens with small planet.My friend only found out they had changed hers to Thomson as she hadn't recieved her tickets 2 weeks prior to travel.Which suggests if you have tickets(like me) you won't be told till you get to the airport check in desk.I would not be happy about that as we are due to depart at 10.30 am and if they change me to thomsons flight doesn't go till 15.30 approx.That means gettin up at 5am for nothing and more expensive train tickets to get there.Coming back thomson land at 2.20am on the thursday so the tickets would be invalid as small planet lands at 9.10pm on the wed 10th july.This is a right mess.

da176ep
Level Contributor
215 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: small planet flights with Olympic holidays.

I have just spoken to Olympic about our flight on 26th and been told there are no changes noted on their screen.If they do change the timings or airline they would contact me by phone.

Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
118 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: small planet flights with Olympic holidays.

We are also travelling on the 22 June to Larnaca from Birmingham. I e-mailed Olympic this morning to say we still haven't received our tickets and I had a reply this afternoon saying they would be posted 1st class on Monday. I think it is because they still dont know which airline we are flying with or where we are flying from! If anyone else has anymore info please can you let us know and I will do the same if we ever get our tickets!

da176ep
Level Contributor
215 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: small planet flights with Olympic holidays.

They are still showing the small planet flight on last minute deals today going on 22nd.I agree they are hedging their bets.My friend who returned on wednesday said rumour had it Olympic hadn't paid small planet so they wouldn't let them use their flights.I can't believe you are going next saturday and they are still dithering about with your tickets.I think they will loose a lot of business next year because of the problems this year.I will certainly be reconsidering whether to chance it,cheap or not.You go on holiday to destress not to add more stress as to whether you get a decent flight there and back.I am going to ring them midweek to check our flight.If you see this in time check if they are using small planet from birmingham today on flight departures and arrivals.

Edited: 6:30 am, June 15, 2013
Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
75 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: small planet flights with Olympic holidays.

Still not had our tickets for Saturday. Telephoned Olympic this morning could not get through to customer services had to speak to travel agent helpline who said to call back on Monday. Have checked holidays going to Larnaca for June and July and they seem to be using Thomsons. There is a holiday listed as going from Birmingham to Larnaca on 19th June using Thomsons. Am going to ring them again on Monday. Like it has been said this should be a time of looking forward to your holidays not wondering if you are even going to get there. Don' think we will be using Olympic again.

Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
118 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: small planet flights with Olympic holidays.

I had an e-mail off Olympic yesterday just one sentence "Your tickets will be posted first class on Monday". We're hoping that the tickets if they arrive may have some information in with them if anything has changed. Checked this morning for the flight to Larnaca which was supposed to be the same flight time as ours 0715 but nothing the only flight going out to Cyprus from Birmingham was the scheduled Monarch flight to Paphos, so considering we are supposed to be going on the exact same flight next Saturday it doesn't look good! If anyone has any info that are going out on the same flight as us on the 22nd please let me know. Thanks

Get answers to your questions about Protaras