We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

prices this year

Liverpool
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Topic
prices this year

Hi, off to protaras in august, just wondering, any info on what prices where like in 2012 for food, drinks, excursions etc. I'm staying for 2 weeks self catering, so would like a rough idea of how much too take. Thanks

La Cultura Del Gusto
$$ - $$$, Italian, Mediterranean, European
Mojito Bar & Grill
$$ - $$$, Bar, European, British
Kokos Bar
$, Bar, British, Pub
Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: prices this year

We budget on £120 per day for two of us for everything. Prices were lower last year and we actually bought money home. Restaurants are very competitive so there are some good deals to be had.

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: prices this year

Hiya Peter, we were there in September and loved it. Im sure we were paying around €2.50 - €3.50 for a pint but prices vary from place to place and there's every chance it might be even cheaper in some bars. Plus many places did happy hour BOGOF offers.

There was places on the strip doing set 2-course menus for around €11., eg cheese garlic bread followed by stifado.

Its not the cheapest resort we've ever been to as we usually go to Turkey, but we didn't find it expensive and the quality in most places was decent.

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: prices this year

I would agree suz compared to turkey. But in euro resorts was very surprised how cheap it was. As you say with happy hours and set menus which could be huge we are going back this year. As usually turkey

Liverpool
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: prices this year

Thanks guys, really helpfull. Can't wait to go back there, lovely place. With ayai napa not too far away. Prices don't seem to have changed much since I was last there. Where staying at the evalana hotel.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
3,008 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: prices this year

My friends go to olu deniz and day prices have gone up i thinks its a myth that cyprus is more expensive i spent more in majorca and greece last year than cyprus

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: prices this year

Its certainly a myth that Cyprus is expensive! The first time we went were told all sorts of stories about how pricey it was to eat and drink out, but we dont find that's the case at all. We usually go to Marmaris where you can get 4-course set meals for as little as 17 lira (about £6-7) and an all-day breakfast for as little as £1, but in comparison to other European resorts Cyprus is great value, esp for the quality you get. And its definitely cheaper to eat and drink out than it is in the UK.

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Marmaris
Marmaris
Mugla Province, Turkey
Liverpool
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: prices this year

The quality of food is a lot better too haha

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
3,008 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: prices this year

IMO i thought some of the restaurants had gone slightly downhill in Protaras over the last two years will have to check them out in October

Mentioned in this post
Protaras
Protaras
Paralimni, Cyprus
hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: prices this year

I didn't think they were too bad cherub but tbh we found the restaurants in Ayia Napa to be of a much higher quality in general. We enjoyed what we had in Protaras but there was nowhere that knocked my socks off if ya know what i mean

Mentioned in this post
Ayia Napa
Ayia Napa
Famagusta District, Cyprus
Protaras
Protaras
Paralimni, Cyprus
Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
3,008 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: prices this year

I know what you mean worst meal last year was Molti but reviews are good, Padela also wasnt as good as pevious years, the one which i think standards have havnt changed is don carlone, previously la strada.

I suppose any restaurant can have a bad night, have you tried blueberries in napa im going to give it a go this year

Mentioned in this post
Molti Restaurant
Molti Restaurant
910 Reviews
Protaras, Cyprus
Get answers to your questions about Protaras