We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Love Protaras / Paphos etc but.......

Which Protaras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
373 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Love Protaras / Paphos etc but.......

Fancy a change for 1 year for our August 2013 hols

Where do you recommend that is very similar to protaras / paphos etc

GREAT WEATHER AND GREAT FOOD?

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Love Protaras / Paphos etc but.......

Its really hard to think of places that are similar as I always think Paphos and Protaras are so different! Have you been to Ayia Napa/Nissi Beach?? I'd definitely recommend; I actually thought the restaurants there knocked spots off the ones in Protaras.

We've spent our last 3 holidays in Cyprus and are going back to Marmaris next year. If you fancy a change from Cyprus, I'd recommend Turkey, especially if it's great food and weather you're after. The weather is more or less on a par with Cyprus and the food is some of the best food I've eaten in the world. And it's cheaper :)

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
373 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Love Protaras / Paphos etc but.......

Thanks Suz

Yea been to Ayia Napa etc

Wont go to Turkey for personal reasons

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Love Protaras / Paphos etc but.......

Ok, well what is it about Cyprus that you love so much? (Apart from great food and weather) - the problem is Cyprus is pretty hard to beat as a holiday destination as it's got it all really hasn't it. I'm a Turkey lover but my other half prefers Cyprus. What about one of the Greek Islands, maybe Crete?

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Protaras, Cyprus
Level Contributor
938 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Love Protaras / Paphos etc but.......

Do you mean where else in Cyprus or other countries that are similar ? If the later I think Cyprus is different to anywhere else I've been. Stayed in Corfu, Algarve, Minorca etc which were all nice/great places but just don't have the same feel as Cyprus to me.

If you mean where else in Cyprus will you find something like Pafos or Protaras then you have to consider what it is you want from them ? Protaras has good beaches, where Paphos is short of them, Protaras has good tourist type entertainment, so does Paphos... afterall both have developed with the influx of tourists and expats... . Other areas of Cyprus tend to be quieter or not quite as tourist based...

not sure what to advise to be honest..

but I will say I prefer Pernera to Protaras... but you've probably been there as its only down the road from Protaras

Steve

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
373 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Love Protaras / Paphos etc but.......

Thanks all

I suppose we arent too fussy just fancied a change but have got so used to the accommodation, weather and food in Cyprus

Weve stopped at Kefalos Beach x4 (paphos), The Rising Star x2, Vangelis x2,(protaras) Thalasakki Village(ayia napa)

Got back from Rising Star in August but found it to be more catered for russians etc

We are happy to lounge by pool / beach all day ( 2 40plus adults and a 17 year old son) then at night nice meal and a couple of drinks - repeat 14 times lol

Not stopped in Pernera but been there

Was looking at a Greek Island but wouldnt have a clue where to stop / stay

Bet we end up rebooking Cyprus lol

Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,286 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Love Protaras / Paphos etc but.......

Hi, we decided to re visit Rhodes last May(2011) after a 15 year gap, and we chose Rhodes town so we would have some where to walk in the evening. We did have a nice holiday but decided we much prefered Cyprus. Thought Rhodes Town was a bit scruffy and the restaurants weren't as good either. The bus fare was very expensive and prices didn't seem cheaper. This May we had our first holiday to Turkey(may 18th) and the weather wasn't very good for the first 2 days so we were beginning to regret going. But when the sun came out we had a brilliant holiday. Stayed at the Oykun in Calis Beach and can recommend it but we couldn't wait for our Cyprus holiday in September, it feels like coming home. Barbara

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
754 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Love Protaras / Paphos etc but.......

I also enjoy Protaras very much, but recently also enjoyed Polis and Paphos. The tavernas in Polis were varied but the ones I used all a good standard.

For a change last year we had a late booking and went to Kos.

The apartment was in Tigaki and we went for value of money.

We found it delightful and returned this year with a group of 12, all of which also love Cyprus, and all had a really good holiday.

I found the atmosphere and ambiance very similar to Cyprus and the food was very similar. One word of warning if you enjoy Kleftiko in Cyprus don't expect it to be the same in Kos.

I still intend going annually to Cyprus.

Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Love Protaras / Paphos etc but.......

I have never been to cyprus so can't really compare yet I am goin in a week but I love tsillivi in Zante it is not too commercial nice Greeks and there is plenty of bars restaurants amazing food beaches are nice and its not too expensive to go and eating and drinking is about same price as England I would say ... Look at the contessina hotel tsillivi it's gorgeous we stayed there in may this year been going for 5 years now either o twice a year may n sept time or one or other but this year we are trying cyprus :-) excited for new place thanks

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,795 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Love Protaras / Paphos etc but.......

Been to Olu Deniz in Turkey this year for the 3rd time and we love it also last year and this year had a week in Cyprus i wont stay any where else but in Pernera i love it dont know what it is but it draws me back .Yes Turkey cheaper not as cheap as it use to be we stayed at the Anastasia apartments in Sept Allinclusive first time for my partner well worth the money.We are booked for Olu Deniz for 2013 but think this will be our last year and who knows mite have a week say in Sept to most favourite place in the world Pernera

Edited: 6:14 am, November 11, 2012
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
373 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Love Protaras / Paphos etc but.......

Thanks for the replies

decided to stick to Cyprus and all booked for 2 weeks in Nissi Beach next year

Only 261 days to go lol

Get answers to your questions about Protaras