We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

monarch airways

cardiff wales
Level Contributor
134 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
monarch airways

Have booked flights for our hols in June, not flown with them before.

Is there in flight entertainment also what are the meals like.

Thanks

Shelagh

England, United...
Level Contributor
988 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: monarch airways

Take your own!

We have used Monarch many times and the food really isn't worth paying extra for... nor is the entertainment.

Kent
Level Contributor
7,056 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: monarch airways

we flew to sharm with monarch and it was the worst flight we've been on, really cramped seats was the main problem. we never eat plane food anyway and not to bothered about films as i usually read but i would only go with these again if they were dirt cheap, this year we're flying with aegean airlines who were very cheap so have to wait and see if they any good

ST ALBANS
Level Contributor
56 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: monarch airways

Flew to Larnaca with them in October . Food really not very good , wouldn't bother paying for it again . As far as we can remember there was no in flight entertainment . Flight was on time both ways tho .

Mentioned in this post
Larnaca
Larnaca
Larnaka District, Cyprus
Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
3,008 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: monarch airways

Went Monarch last year Manchester to Larnaca to be honest i thought they were just as good as Thomson First Choice etc massive tv at front of plane, never had the meals would go with them again

Mentioned in this post
Larnaca
Larnaca
Larnaka District, Cyprus
cardiff wales
Level Contributor
134 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: monarch airways

Thanks for replys,at least I know what to expect now we thought the flights were cheap just over £100 each way, have got meal on way out but not on way back as we have a night flight.

castleford united...
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: monarch airways

We booked with them last year and they changed the dates with only days to go,i would use them again but they wouldnt be my first choice.

Tig

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,053 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: monarch airways

Most of the tour ops no longer show 'entertainment' on short haul flights. Meals are a real rip off as are snacks bought on board. At least with a Paphos return flight you only have a short transfer so you can have a meal in resort before heading for the airport.

Mentioned in this post
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
946 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: monarch airways

Cypus is classed as a LONG haul flight but it doesn't seem to matter, we have been with Monarch several times over the last few years and only once had inflight entertainment !....

The food is a bit hit and miss... some of it wasn't bad... some pass'able but nothing great... other times we couldn't book in flight meal and had to buy snacks yet other people had booked meals....

this time we haven't bothered book meals, we will just buy a snack on line.... because they seem to be getting less in the set meals....

however we can't complain about anything else with the flights, always seem to go on time, land on time etc.... and would keep going with them....

and as I'm 6 foot 2... we have to book extra leg room regardless of which company just so I can sit down in the seats without having to have my legs hooked behind my ears !

Steve

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Protaras
Level Contributor
2,287 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: monarch airways

Hi

We have booked flights to Larnaca with Monarch and meals, meal to pass time on for my little one. We are hoping they are going to be ok, we flew with thomas cook in december and had our flight times changed 6 times in total, and we bkd meals but when on board we were not on there paperwork! So I am hoping for something better from Monarch as we will not be usung TC again!

Diane

Mentioned in this post
Larnaca
Larnaca
Larnaka District, Cyprus
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
946 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: monarch airways

Diane, that must happen quite a bit with people not being on the lists as they used to have a lot of problems with different systems showing different things. We always get a print out of our full bill so if anyone says we haven't paid for leg room, extra baggage, meals etc then we can show them we have :-)

Steve

Get answers to your questions about Protaras