We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips from Pernera/Protaras

N T
London, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Day trips from Pernera/Protaras

Hi, I will be staying in Pernera (Marlita Beach) shortly and am interested in seeing some of Cyprus. I have booked on the Red Bus trip to Famagusta, mainly because of the many excellent reviews, but I am also interested in going further afield - mainly Nicosia/Troodos mountains, although other suggestions welcome.

So far I have only been able to find one company online (www.emantravel.com) offering these type of coach or 4x4 safaris. Are there alternative operators that are bookable in resort, or do you always end up with this company wherever you book?

Has anyone got any experience of specific tours that they recommend and how to book. All responses with details will be greatly appreciated.

I am also thinking of going on the Yellow Boat trip from Pernera - does anyone know if there is a better similar trip?

many thanks

scotland
Level Contributor
189 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips from Pernera/Protaras

just go across the road from marlita up the road where aliti by the sea restaurant is and you will see a travel shop you will get all tickets info about all tours and trips you can book them all with them we went on ayias trias boat trip a couple of times as we enjoyed it you can go half day trip or full day with bbq.we also booked with them to the troodos,all the boards are outside the shop for you to viiew.also pay thelocal bus 2euros and the ticket lasts you the whole day get on and off wherever you want go to paralimmini then go to protaras or on to ayia napa then back to pernera with the same ticket.we just came back from pernera on wed spent a few days sunbathing down at marlita always pop in every year

N T
London, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trips from Pernera/Protaras

Thanks for that info!

Blfast
Level Contributor
398 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trips from Pernera/Protaras

The best way get about is to hire a car,and then u can explore at your own pace,drive on the same side as home and everything well signposted

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Protaras, Cyprus
Level Contributor
946 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trips from Pernera/Protaras

Steens Restaurant on the top road between Pernera and Protaras offer trips including one to the North . I've not done that trip but did go on a winery tour and that was brilliant day out (I've posted about it on the restaurants website guest book - steensrestaurant.com/Home/…Default.aspx )

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trips from Pernera/Protaras

The Red Bus village trip also - very informative. Parks outside the Anastasia Hotel every morning and you can book there

4 x 4 off road Safari to the Troodos - definitely the best way to explore the mountains - book at the Travel Agency in Pernera

Yellow Boat is a must do trip for me - very relaxing. The owners stand at the taxi rank in Pernera each night. You can either book there or at the fishing shelter near the Golden Coast Hotel where the boat is moored. All the boat trips are good though.

Nicosia, either by coach (or you can just get on a bus) or by car. Very interesting town but shops are expensive. You can cross on foot at Ledra Street to see the Turkish occupied side of Nicosia (you need to take your passport)

6. Re: Day trips from Pernera/Protaras

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 pm, October 23, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Protaras