We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visit to aizawl

Jorhat, India
2 posts
Save Topic
visit to aizawl

we (wife and myself) will go to mizoram university from guwahati by air. will stay at hotel for a week. do we require any special pass or inner line permit to visit mizoram ?

4 replies to this topic
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visit to aizawl

You do require a "permit" which is obtainable at the airport at the luggage retrieval area in the airport. It is pretty much a formality. If you are not an Indian citizen you will then need to register with the CID at the Foreigners Registration within 24 hours. This is, for the most part, a formality.

If your hosts have not organised a vehicle for you from/to the airport and during your stay. Give Sure Taxis, 0389 232 2283/1494 a call and they will organise everything for you.

Jorhat, India
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: visit to aizawl

Whether permit should be applied at Guwahati Airport before departure or it should be at Aizawl Airport after landing. We are Indian citizens.Our travel date starts on 23/03/2014

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visit to aizawl

You can get it at Lengpui Airport when you arrive in Aizawl. The police will direct you to the registration counter.

Cuttack, India
Level Contributor
60 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: visit to aizawl

Friends, I am planning a trip to north east India,with my wife (both r senior citizens) as per the under mentioned itinerary. My query is about the possible weather n the chances of the flight getting cancelled.

28-04-14 Kolkata to Aizwal Air India flight .

29-04-14 Local sight seeing

30-04-14 Aizwal to Imphal Air India flight

01-05-14 Local sight seeing

02-05-14 Imphal to Guwahati Indigo flight

02-05-14 Guwahati to shillong Taxi

03-05-14 Shillong local sight seeing

04-05-14 Shillong to Cheerapunji n back

05-05-14 Shillong to Kolkata Air India flight.

I have 3 questions:

1. What kind of weather I am expected to face.?

2.Do flights get cancelled due to rain regularly?

3.Should I postpone my tour to October?

Thanx in advance for ur patience to read the mail n reply.

Dr.D BISWAL

Reply to: visit to aizawl
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Aizawl
More Aizawl Topics