We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trips from abaca hotel

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
91 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Trips from abaca hotel

I am staying 4 days at this hotel(coz we read good reviews on ta)

Can anyone tell me1) where should I change $ or withdraw

2) how shall I do the oslob trip-how should I get to south bus terminal?will I get transport real early in the morning?

3)any day trips possible?

4) is doing a day trip to mayon totally insane?

5) are there places to go around and see or eat at near the hotel?

Sorry for the bunch of questions!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,362 posts
1,914 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trips from abaca hotel

<< is doing a day trip to Mayon totally insane?

You were already advised by MH (I agree) that this is not a good option from Cebu.

Tommo

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
598 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trips from abaca hotel

day trip from cebu to mayon is not insane because its not possible. it is insane to anyone who thinks its possible.

abaca to south bus terminal for the purpose of going to oslob, most probably for the whale sharks, on a day trip, means leaving abaca sometime 3am. no choice but to get a taxi. good luck finding one near your hotel at that hour unless you pre arrange it, which means paying a rate similar to a car rental. i assume you do not realize how far oslob is from abaca, nor do you know where abaca is specifically located, the same way you do not realize cebu to mayon volcano for a day trip is not possible.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
91 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trips from abaca hotel

Yes,you are right,i dont know-thats why i am posting here,asking for help from those who are kind enough to help others.

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
598 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trips from abaca hotel

there are several restaurants walking distance from your resort: korean, italian, filipino, japanese. nearer to the entrance of shangrila resort which is i think over 500 meters from abaca. at the half a roundabout that is on the way to abaca is a place called magellan shrine. its nothing fancy, but its another place to visit. its beside a place called STK, serves seafood that is tourist prices.

there are island hopping activities near your resort, which requires travelling in an outrigger boat. i recall your other posts where you dont want due to possible sea sickness.

Edited: 11:22 am, April 05, 2014
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
91 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trips from abaca hotel

Thank you,its nice to know that i have so many options.your detailed mail was very helpful,thanks!

6. Re: Trips from abaca hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:05 am, April 08, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,362 posts
1,914 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trips from abaca hotel

cebuguide you reply didnt add any value to the thread and you are just trying to promote yourself.

Pay for ads no free ones here.

Tommo

8. Re: Trips from abaca hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 am, May 11, 2015