We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pran Buri tips?

Basingstoke, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Pran Buri tips?

Hello - we are staying at Aleenta next week, does anyone have any tips / recommendations? In particular:

- car companies for transfer back to Bangkok

- local eating out / groceries

- money exchange facilities

- bicycle hire

We are aiming for quiet relaxation but if you have any "must see" ideas please let me know.

Thank you

3 replies to this topic
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
156 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pran Buri tips?

Howdy, Aleenta is superb, no doubt you will enjoy your time there.

Car companies, if from airport there are quite a few to chose from and i figure should be around 2,600 or so to get there. You can also try Bizcar Rental concierge as they offer a quite superb booking service to and from Bangkok with superb chauffeurs.

Along that strip where Aleenta is there are many small private eateries and also Villa Maroc which you simply have to try! Local groceries i would hope you can ask Aleenta to buy for you. When i stayed nearby at Le Bayburi Pranburi they shopped to get me local fresh seafood etc so i could do my own BBQ later. If not and you have anyway yo get there, there is a Tesco on Pranburi main road about 10 minutes drive from Aleenta.

Money exchangers again there are a few up and down the beach front, but you maybe best advised to change in Bangkok before you leave else you might be at the whim of hotel shops and thus poor rates.

Bike hire, ouch not sure sorry. Le Bayburi supply guests with free bikes so i did not have that issue.

Must see? Depends how far you want to go and how long you are there for, but i would suggest the national park and the town of Prachuab Khiri Khan which i have to say is one of the best towns i have seen in Thailand. There is a temple high up on the hills on the water front, about 400 steps to get to the top so not easy, but the view is breathtaking.

Have a good one!

Basingstoke, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pran Buri tips?

That's great, thank you for the detailed and helpful reply, stbangkok

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
156 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pran Buri tips?

Welcome, ex neighbour, i was from Southampton in UK originally :-)

Reply to: Pran Buri tips?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pranburi