We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Warwick or Shangri-La

Tauranga, New...
Level Contributor
20 posts
45 reviews
Warwick or Shangri-La

I'm finding it hard to decide between The Warwick or Shangri-La for our holiday. We have a 6 and an 8 year old, who are both active and have loved kids club out on the other islands. Can anyone give any preference or advice which would help me decide one way or the other?! Many thanks

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
2,494 posts
298 reviews
1. Re: Warwick or Shangri-La

Tess, hi.

You have asked a toughy as we all have our favourites. Stayed at Naviti, sister to the Warwick and enjoyed it. Visited and dined at the Warwick and found the food good. Beach at Shangri La I'm told is very good where as the beach at the Warwick is average.

Read the reviews and look at the percentages of bad reviews to good it's not a bad yard stick.

Good Luck

Viti Levu, Fiji
Level Contributor
62 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Warwick or Shangri-La

Have you considered Outrigger or Hideaway? Especially the myfiji.com deals.

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
28 reviews
3. Re: Warwick or Shangri-La

Hi there! We always stay at Shangri La and have never been disappointed. We have three kids - aged 6yrs, 8yrs and 10yrs. They all absolutely love it there and never run out of anything to do. The lagoon beach is fantastic and backs onto the main pool. We have stayed on both the Ocean side rooms and the Lagoon side rooms and we prefer the Lagoon side for the kids. Check out my reviews for more details :)

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Warwick or Shangri-La

The Shangri-La is much closer to airport, Warwick you have to get up very very early to get your transfer back to airport. Drivers are crazy, when we travelled no seat belts.

Viti Levu, Fiji
Level Contributor
62 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: Warwick or Shangri-La

Warwick or Shangri-La. Interesting question? There are many resorts in between both that offer much more than both can deliver. Both resorts are stunning - no question about that. Shangri-La is a BIG resort with 450 rooms. Warwick is stunning. Outrigger is by far the only true 5 Star and Fiji Hideaway has the most return guests and stand alone Bures (not hotel rooms). I'd do some more searching before narrowing it down to just 2 resorts, especially on The Coral Coast.

Level Contributor
59 posts
8 reviews
6. Re: Warwick or Shangri-La

Hi, I would pick The Outrigger - better service, food and nice rooms/bures. Fantastic family pool and lovely adult pool with swim up bar. You can snorkel at high tide only. We found food and service at Warwick and Shangri-la very average. Also kids eat free at Outrigger if you stay for four or more nights. Shangri-la beach is lovely and closer to the airport. If you could get a really good deal to the others then great. Outrigger is located between Shangri-La and Warwick.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,994 posts
195 reviews
7. Re: Warwick or Shangri-La

Shangri La is very tired IMO. It is undergoing renovations soon as well, I am not sure how this will affect guests stays though.

Warwick has already undergone a good renovation, and its a great couples or family friendly property, with good dining, and other activities on site

8. Re: Warwick or Shangri-La

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 23, 2017