We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

credit card

brisbane
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
credit card

Hello everyone, I was wondering if someone could give me some advice about credit card use. I am a member of a wedding party that will be staying at a resort on the coral coast in September, the resort policy states-a credit card will be required upon check in to accommodation. The hotel may take a deposit for incidentals from the credit card. What worries me is they could say that I did something and I wont be there to dispute it. Thanks

gold coast oz
Level Contributor
283 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: credit card

Hi Paul

Most Hotels / Resorts around the world have this policy with Credit Card. If you are not comfortable to do this email the resort you will be staying at & ask if they will take Cash instead.

Hope this helps.

Jem

Tea Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Mana Island
Level Contributor
1,742 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: credit card

If you have any concerns obtain an itemised copy of your account before you leave and check that it is correct.

brisbane
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: credit card

Thanks very much for advice

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
151 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: credit card

Remember to get a zero-balance statement when you check out. If you have that, they shouldn't be charging you anything else once you leave. After you come home and they charge your credit card for some reason, you can always contact (email or phone call) the hotel to discuss. If they're unreasonable, contact your credit card for a dispute. Credit card companies now aday are pretty good when it comes to fradulant charge and so forth.

brisbane
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: credit card

Thanks for the advice mate

6. Re: credit card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 11, 2014