We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outrigger on the Lagoon - Fiji - Bures

1 post
Save Topic
Outrigger on the Lagoon - Fiji - Bures

I'm having difficulty finding out much information on the bures at the Outrigger on the Lagoon in Fiji. From what I can gather they are an open plan room - does that mean I'm bunking in with my 3 & 6 year old? Short of paying exorbitant amounts for a family bure this seems to be the norm in Fiji so perhaps it's just a case of when in rome, that coupled with not reading any negative feedback about it, but I'm a little concerned I'm going to be in too close a confines with my kids and if I want to kick back at night once they're in bed, amongst other things, my options will be limited? Many thanks for your feedback.

Save Reply
1. Re: Outrigger on the Lagoon - Fiji - Bures

Hi. My husband and I came back from the outrigger just two weeks ago for our honeymoon and we stayed in a Bure, they are lovely but I one room you have a bed and lounge room area, then a divider wall with a shower and toilet behind (be aware that although the Bure is enclosed the toile and shower DO NOT have their own roofing so everything can be heard if you are in the Bure) not so romantic when my husband got a little upset tummy from traveling. Also the sofa is a pull out bed, this is what your children will be sleeping on if you take this option. It is lovely but you do not have you own space as the kids would be asleep in front of the tv that you and you hubby might want to kick back behind... And so on... It will be in arm reach of the little ones :( I hope this helps, safe travelling :)

Edited: 7:42 am, September 18, 2012
2. Re: Outrigger on the Lagoon - Fiji - Bures

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, December 13, 2013
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question