We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather and conditions

2 posts
Weather and conditions

Planning a week at the hideaway on feb 15th. How is everything after the flooding? I'm wondering if we should cancel...

Pacific Coast...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
10,372 posts
154 reviews
1. Re: Weather and conditions

Check out the weather online they may be OK by then.

Springwood...
Level Contributor
33 posts
2. Re: Weather and conditions

We're going to Plantation on Monday, not sure if we will be ok for next week?

Im hoping it improves :)

Christina

Brisbane
Level Contributor
237 posts
1 review
3. Re: Weather and conditions

We're going to Treasure on Thursday - keeping my fingers crossed. Would love some current advice if anyone is there at the moment.

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
69 reviews
4. Re: Weather and conditions

auzkaz

See post # 5 by BaySydney on this link re advice given to Treasure Island guests

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g294331-i883-k5…

all the best

LTB

Brisbane
Level Contributor
237 posts
1 review
5. Re: Weather and conditions

Thanks LTB - I was just reading it. I am so disappointed. I am hoping our travel insurance company will help us out. I'm not sure in this situation whether they will pay up on this cyclone prediction and alert before we go, or whether they insist we wait until the flights, transfers and TI cancel our booking. I've never had to claim on any travel insurance before. Any advice or experience?

Kaz

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
551 posts
54 reviews
6. Re: Weather and conditions

It is still drizzling as we speak. Improvements are on the way.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
237 posts
1 review
7. Re: Weather and conditions

John o - are you currently on TI? What about the advice they gave to guests today? - what did you make of it?

How will we get there if the water taxis from DI are cancelled?

If we do end up going, and the weather is bad the whole time we are there, what is the TI wet day activitites like?

Appreciate any info you can pass on.

Kaz

8. Re: Weather and conditions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:28 am, May 25, 2013