We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Warwick Vs. Outrigger..Help!

1 post
Warwick Vs. Outrigger..Help!

I can't decide between the warwick and the outrigger, help me!

We're a family of 4, children age: 5 and 2 from California and we'll be in Fiji for 7 days in September. We don't normally do big resorts, we love to travel to more adventures places, but decided to have a nice, low-stress beach vacation this year. Things that are of importance to us: food, kids activities, picturesque, beach, pool, privacy (we don't want to feel like it's packed). Has anyone been to both places and have some thoughts? Thank you!

7 replies to this topic
Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
2,494 posts
298 reviews
1. Re: Warwick Vs. Outrigger..Help!

Hi Kristi and welcome to the forum.

The Coral Coast on the main island is not known for its beautiful beaches. Both beaches are OK with the beach at the Outrigger being slightly better, in my opinion.

If you are looking for beaches one of the best I have come across is on Castaway Island Resort in the Mamanuca Chain of Islands. Here is the website with a webcam so you can have a look live.

I prefer the islands to the main island but I have done the main island thing.

Both resorts you are talking about are 4 star and quite popular and I think that you can make your break wonderful. So where to from here. Sometimes the best solution is to close your eyes and jump and make the best of your experiences. I think you would enjoy either. For my money Outrigger is about 25 minutes closer to Nadi where you'll fly in and that might just be what you need.

Can I also advise you to send a PM to E&CinReno as she has some wonderful tricks for people coming from the States to get the most out of their break

Bay Area, CA
Level Contributor
178 posts
38 reviews
2. Re: Warwick Vs. Outrigger..Help!

Castaway will be much more expensive than Outrigger...probably NZ$900/night or so, because they won't allow the four of you to stay in their less expensive rooms that all have a max of 3 persons.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
410 posts
39 reviews
3. Re: Warwick Vs. Outrigger..Help!

I have stayed at both and if I had to return to one, my pick for our family would be the Warwick. I found the staff to be more interactive with the kids (outside of kidsclub), food was much better & I just found the overall vibe to be much more casual & friendly. However, looking at your list of importance, Outrigger may be the better option for you:

Food - I preferred Warwick. Better quality at Warwick, buffet had more variety. Outrigger wasn't great quality & doesn't offer dessert (only available in kids meals, room service & buffet). Although, Outrigger has more eating options outside of the resort within walking distance

Kids activities - Kids club was better at Outrigger, but outside of kids club there is better interaction at Warwick

Picturesque - Both the same in my opinion

Beach - Again, both the same

Pool - Outrigger's pool is much bigger & offers better areas for small children. Warwick has swim up bar

Privacy (we don't want to feel like it's packed) - Outrigger grounds are much bigger, so it feels more private. That also means long walks to/from room to restaurants, pool, beach etc

Honestly though, I don't think you'll be disappointed with either resort

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
839 posts
156 reviews
4. Re: Warwick Vs. Outrigger..Help!

We have stayed at both, albeit 10 years apart.

We loved the sprawling nature of the Outrigger. They have great dining options, great pools, plenty of activities and different accommodation options. They are also close to Sigatoka and have some other smaller restaurants etc located within walking distance.

The Warwick was fantastic but for different reasons. It is not as big, the pools are not as nice, but the food is amazing, the kids club was great, and the activities were great too. Snorkelling was amazing just off the beach as well. Located further south, we felt the rooms were a little more tired than the Outrigger...but again, it was 10 years later...

We would happily go back to either!

5. Re: Warwick Vs. Outrigger..Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:05 am, November 14, 2017

Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Warwick Vs. Outrigger..Help!

I have stayed at the Outrigger 3 times! We've loved it. Great for families, they adore the kids, and our kids loved the kids club. You must try the day spa - its beautiful!

We are staying at Warwick next time purely to try something different, I hope we don't regret it!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
839 posts
156 reviews
7. Re: Warwick Vs. Outrigger..Help!

You will not regret the Warwick. It is a great place too as I outlined in my earlier post, but for different reasons.

Reply to: Warwick Vs. Outrigger..Help!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted