We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit in September?

Which Ystad hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
US
Level Contributor
35 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Visit in September?

We are considering visiting in September but don't know much about this town. Is there much to do? We don't want to have to drive much - is there enough in the town? We would stay for over a week and are in our 60s.

4 replies to this topic
Mjolby, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit in September?

September could be a great time to visit. It will be early autumn so it will not be crowded, weather could be still quite nice. However, I don't think there will be enough in Ystad town to keep you busy for a full week.

I would recommend to rent a car, it's such a lovely area and loads of things are on offer quite close by.

Public transportation is not really an option, driving in the country side is very easy with mostly light traffic.

The coastal route towards Simrishamn and Kivik are nice and scenic routes for instance.

Glimmingehus castle is well worth a visit: raa.se/om-riksantikvarieambetet/in-english/

The Kivik area is very nice and should not be missed: http://www.kiviktourism.se/Foldereng.pdf

More ideas can be found here: http://visitskane.com/en/

Solihull
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visit in September?

If you are still going the author Henning Mankell's detective character Insp Kurt Wallander are based around him working in Ystad. I can recommend them as a great read and mention many places you could visit

US
Level Contributor
35 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visit in September?

Yes, we are SO excited about the Wallander series! I would definitely appreciate your suggestions!

Solihull
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Visit in September?

The last ever Wallander episode has been aired on television in the Uk which is a real shame . In Swedish with subtitles which kind of adds to the appeal. If you like that I can recommend Hinterland which is a detective series set in Aberystwyth , Wales which was on here recently which much was in welsh with subtitles . It was excellent and equal to Wallander.

I have not been to Ystad but would love to go one day to see places I have read about .

Reply to: Visit in September?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ystad
Recent Conversations