We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newspapers

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
430 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Newspapers

Off to Finikounda (first time) June 8 (Panorama Apts) and will not be taking any tech, phones etc. but would like to keep up with the golf scores so wondering if there is any possibility of getting a British newspaper any where, even days later? I know it's not likely but just a hope!

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
9,459 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newspapers

The shop in the centre of Finikounda (where the ATM is) has a selection of foreign newspapers, not sure which ones as I never buy one myself!

cheshire
Level Contributor
139 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newspapers

Yiassas is correct you can get british newspapers at the shop in the centre of Finikounda,However it is a limited selection.

bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,425 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Newspapers

The International Herald Tribune is printed in Athens , so a same day purchase, no doubt carries the USA golf results. The UK papers , most of which are printed on the continent, are a day late. Probably have to get to the shop early for a decent choice.

In most tourist resorts foreign papers are only available during the season ( beginning of June, end of September?) If anyone is desperate, the book shop in 23 Martiou, Kalamata sells them all year.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
430 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Newspapers

Many thanks all. A bit sad I know, want to escape the tech. but would like to know the US Open scores so looks like I will be able.

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
843 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Newspapers

Hi

hope you enjoy your first visit to Finikounda! Are you there for one week or two? We're there for our first visit from 22nd June, there are so few TA reviews and little activity on the forum I wonder if it really is so special that everyone is trying to keep it a secret or just that it attracts those people who do not post reviews?

Buxton, United...
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Newspapers

Each room in panarama has a tele wouldn't be surprised if it's on live

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
430 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Newspapers

Hi sueevie. We will be there for two weeks so will leave on the day you arrive. We are going via Gatwick so maybe returning on your plane - don't be late! We will wave to you, we will be the satisfied, tanned couple so you will recognise us! We (nearly) always write a review mostly to thank all the people who post on TA and make our holidays special.

Hi locomotive. Thanks for that although I think the wife might class TV as tech. Wouldn't go down well to spend time in the room watching TV.

Buxton, United...
14 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Newspapers

There again on the 22nd June three weeks this time

Buxton, United...
14 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Newspapers

3rd year running we've been we'll be the one's with the 4 year old were on the Manchester flight

Carmarthen, United...
Level Contributor
365 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Newspapers

12th time for us, looking forward to reuniting with all the friends we have made. Going on 29th June for 2 weeks

Get answers to your questions about Finikounda
Recent Conversations