We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PA and Sian Kaan Trip Report ( 3 hotels etc)

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Sherman Ct.
Level Contributor
560 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
PA and Sian Kaan Trip Report ( 3 hotels etc)

Hi All,

Rented car at EasyWay..I have always been extremely satisfied with their service. Drove to Boca Paila fishing lodge for a few days of fishing. They have been around for over 40 years and are located on the Boca Paila Road before the bridge. This is a well maintained hotel with IMHO the best guides in the area. They have "skiffs" so you can get into skinny water, not pangas that most of the guides use. The food is very good and the staff is very accommodating. They are on a beautiful beach and the rooms have AC. I then drove all the way to PA and ate lunch with my friend Michael at Casa de Ascension. He was booked with fishing

guests, but I had a great meal and caught up on the local gossip.

My night was spent at Rancho Sol Caribe about 8 km north of town

This is Mike's former hotel. Since he sold it the new owner has

completely renovated and "upscaled" the hotel as well as the price. It is run by a couple Mauricio and Yvonne who I've dealt with in the past. They are great proprietors and Mauricio is a great chef

as well. He was kind enough to cook me a steak outside of the normal dinner hours. The hotel is beautiful and I may go back off,

off season but I prefer something a little less formal. After leaving

RSC I spent the next few nights at Xmach Dos. WOW. There was a great group there and everyone became "family". The road was

fine but it gets worse as the season progresses. I was there in Mid to late March. Depending on your preferences all of these places can be a paradise. This was my 4th? trip to the area in the last year and a half. I'm planning on going back in June or July

possibly both. The weather is better for snorkeling and there are

fewer people.

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
310 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PA and Sian Kaan Trip Report ( 3 hotels etc)

Hey fish3d,

Thanks for the report. Glad you got to experience the new Sol Caribe !! When we were there in late Dec we also stopped down to see Mike & had a beer up on the rooftop deck while we chatted.

We're hoping to go back to Sol Caribe for trip # 5 in Dec but just waiting for the lousy airfare to drop to something somewhat reasonable !!

Jackie

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PA and Sian Kaan Trip Report ( 3 hotels etc)

Thanks! Interesting too.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PA and Sian Kaan Trip Report ( 3 hotels etc)

Fisherman's paradise!

4. Re: PA and Sian Kaan Trip Report ( 3 hotels etc)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, June 19, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Punta Allen
Recent Conversations