We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hanioti village hotel

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Hanioti village hotel

Please can any one advise.........

On most booking agents they advertise a twin room, then next oom is junior suite and next superior suite. a couple of agents also advertise a twin/double with balcony at a higher price.

Does any one know if the hotel has rooms without balconies? I am concerned that f I book a twin room it will not have a balcony.

The room descriptions are not clear on some sites it says balony others it doesnt say either way.

I have emailed the hotel but doubt I will get a reply until April.

I am wanting book ASAP,

Many thanks

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
436 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hanioti village hotel

I do not know about the specific hotel. However almost all rooms in hotels of Halkidiki have balconies. Usually the difference in price concerns the view each room has, eg. sea view, mountain view or garden area view.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hanioti village hotel

Thanks for your reply. I am sure it has a balcony due to the room description of some websites, I have book now but will contact the hotel again in April to confirm.

Can i ask if you know of the best area to snorkel?

I think we may get a car for the whole 2 weeks as this is only slightly more than a taxi transfer. Any tips on what to with the car or 14 nights. Am I best to buy a guide on halkidiki?

Thanks

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
436 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hanioti village hotel

Having a car, you must buy a guide of Halkidiki. Which includes a road map.

Here is a a TA topic with some detailed routes for exploring Halkidiki:

http://tinyurl.com/a3vkwro

If you plan your trips well ahead, you will get an apprehension of the Halkidiki area, which is big, diverse, intriguing and beatiful. Which will not give you the sense of having seen everything, but the drive to see more next time!

London
Level Contributor
756 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hanioti village hotel

Hi Lou

I'm pretty sure all the rooms have balconies, but if you request one by email I am sure you will get one - I am good friends with the brothers who own the hotel and they will do whatever they can to accomodate requests.

Regarding car hire, there are lots of lovely places to visit - a drive round the peninsula is beautiful, stopping off at any of the villages / beaches along the way. The west coast is less commercial than the east coast. If you don't mind a long drive, then Sithonia is well worth a visit (the middle peninsula). It takes about 1.5 hours to get to Neos Marmaras and to drive round the whole peninsula would take all day, but maybe just aim to visit a couple of villages that are close together.

There are also lots of buzzing beach bars towards the bottom of the Kassandra peninsula that can only be accessed with cars. Ask the boys in the hotel and they can direct you, as you would never find them without inside knowledge...!

Have fun!

London, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hanioti village hotel

Hi Loufry

We have been to the Hanioti Village Hotel several times (I think, 15!) and can confirm that all the rooms have balconies. If you can upgrade then personally, we think it's worth it. We are going Aug/Sept (but haven't told the boys yet!) and can't wait to spend another summer holiday with them. We don't normally hire a car but friends who are joining us later, are. We have recommended Sakis from Kriopigi cars who also also does a fab greek night in his Acropolis restaurant in Kriopigi. As Carolinus says, (hi again, Carolinus, see you in the bar!) the boys (and the bar staff) will tell you all you need to know) Love this place and always look forward to going back (we're not so sad that we never go anywhere else!)

6. Re: Hanioti village hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 11, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Hanioti
Recent Conversations