We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hanioti tips please

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
1,599 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Hanioti tips please

I am planning ahead now and thinking of staying at Ampellia studios.

A few questions first please before I book.

We are mid 60's love walking, where can we walk to from Hanioti i.e coastal walks, villages?

What are the local buses like where do they take you to with in reason not too far away i.e villages and coastal places.

Is there plenty of nice places to eat out at night?What is the shopping like in this place? is it just touristy things to buy?

Thankyou

Mentioned in this post
Hanioti
Hanioti
Kassandra, Greece
London
Level Contributor
837 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hanioti tips please

There is a nice 'beach road' that runs from Hanioti to Pefkohori and takes about 40 mins at holiday pace. You can also walk in the opposite direction to Polichrono.

The local buses aren't bad and they run up and down the peninsula (all the way the Thessaloniki) stopping at each village along the way. Afitos is a beautiful village and well worth a visit by bus or taxi. Also, the west coast of the peninsula has some very pretty scenery and quieter, less touristy villages like Possidi, Nea Skioni, Loutra etc.

There is a great selection of tavernas in Hanioti, and if you get bored you can catch a cab to Pefkohori or Polichrono to give you even more choice. There are also lots of shops - mainly tourist tat, but also clothes, shoes, bags, leather jackets, jewellery, Greek souvenirs (olive oil products, wind charms, honey) so I don't think you will get bored....

One thing to bear in mind is that it gets very busy during school holidays so from mid July to end of August. My favourite time is mid June when the flowers are out and it is not too hot or busy.

Mentioned in this post
Hanioti
Hanioti
Kassandra, Greece
Pefkohori
Pefkohori
Kassandra, Greece
Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki Region, Greece
Afitos
Afitos
Kassandra, Greece
2. Re: Hanioti tips please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 25, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Hanioti
Recent Conversations