We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which are the best beaches to go to?

Level Contributor
36 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Which are the best beaches to go to?

We are staying in playa de fornells in July and have a car. Could anyone advise which are the best beaches to travel to? Happy with a bit of a drive..within 30/45mins.

Boat Tours, Speed Boats Tours
Wind Fornells
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Pachira Tours
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Boat Rentals
Cwmbran, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which are the best beaches to go to?

Depends on what you are looking for.......

If you are after some remote beaches some of my favourites are Cala Trebaluger and Cala Escorxada. All require a drive and about 40-60 min trek to reach and there are no facilities there....

Other beaches where you can drive pretty close to the beach are probably

Son Bou (the biggest beach on Menorca)

Cala Galdana

Cala Macaralleta

Son Saura

Es Talaier

Cala Mitjana

Cala Pregonda and Binimela

La Vell (Algerians)

Honestly I can continue but it really depends on what you are looking for and how fit you are....

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
14,321 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which are the best beaches to go to?

All of the above a good recommendations but can I add Binigaus - it is an unspoilt beach that is easily reached on foot from the resort of Santo Tomas - if you park in the car park at Bar Es Bruc ( good for lunch and a cooling drink before or after your swim etc.) and walk west away from the resort area along the waterline you cannot miss it

Of course Playa de Fornells has its own very nice beach ( Tirant). Es Grau is worth a visit too - small fishing village on the East coast with large unspoilt horseshoe shaped bay which has very shallow waters close to the shoreline which is good for small children to paddle in

Level Contributor
36 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which are the best beaches to go to?

I guess we are looking to avoid the masses but still have some facilities i.e somewhere for lunch/cold drink, toilets etc. I will certainly give Binigaus a try. I have visited the likes of Santo Tomas, Son Bou, Cala Galdana so will enjoy visiting the others listed. Many thanks

Level Contributor
2,691 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which are the best beaches to go to?

Some very good suggestions there. I would add Trebaluger and Turqurta and Fustam on the South coast and Tortuga on the north. I would not recommend Cavalleria. Algaiarens and Excorxada are worth the walk although the facilities are not great. There was someone walking round selling cold drinks from a cool bag when we went to Algaiarens but obviously this is not guaranteed.

Edited: 11:15 am, May 30, 2013
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
579 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which are the best beaches to go to?

I'm just back from a break in Fornells. Went up to Binimel-la restaurant for lunch (and to meet three family members who were doing the Playa Fornells - Binimel-la Cami de Cavallsi walk.) We all had a superb lunch at what must surely be the nicest sited restaurant on the island. Note for Holiday 07-7, you say you don't object to a 30 - 45 minute drive. That will just about keep you on the island - it's small !!

6. Re: Which are the best beaches to go to?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, June 08, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Fornells
Recent Conversations