We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars/Tavernas in Perama

Which Perama hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Bars/Tavernas in Perama

Hi

I'm thinking of booking a weeks stay at the Mareblue Aeolos Beach Resort in Perama. Please could anyone tell me if this hotel is in walking distance to any bars/tavernas? Also if anyone has any opinions about Perama I would be grateful to know them - I am finding it difficult to find much info about it.

Many thanks

GLAMORGAN
Level Contributor
155 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bars/Tavernas in Perama

Stayed at this hotel on 4 occasions in recent years. My wife and I thoroughly enjoy the hotel and it's facilities.

However in relation to your specific request there are no attractions in the immediate vicinity. Benitses is a short taxi journey away for a night excursion or Corfu Town itself. Although you could walk to Benitses ( 45 mins ) it certainly wouldn't be a recommended night time stroll due to traffic volume and lack of pavement.

There is a nice walk from the rear of the hotel to Sissi's Palace ( The Achillion ) where you can find some taverna's ( see my previous reviews of hotel for directions etc.)

We are off to Nissaki for a change of view in a few weeks and hope that I don't regret not having booked the Mareblue.

Enjoy your holiday wherever you choose.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bars/Tavernas in Perama

Thanks for replying, much appreciated! The hotel looks and sounds lovely so I'm pretty tempted to book there. Will have a look at your other posts.

Enjoy your holiday!

Lymm, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
284 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bars/Tavernas in Perama

Another consideration is that the planes can go past when on their way to landing. I have never stayed there, but do stay in near by Benitses, and on busy nights it is possible to hear the planes from there, and Perama is much nearer to the airport, so you need to consider it. Why not stay in Benitses, there are some lovely tavernas and it is an original fishing village which still has greek charm.

If you decide to stay in Perama, then I would certainly recommend having a drink or even snack at the Pontikonissi Hotel, which is about 10 minutes drive from the Aolos Hotel and it overlooks Mouse Island. You can watch the planes coming in to land from here and the atmosphere at night is particularly good. Lovely music played and very reasonably priced food.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bars/Tavernas in Perama

Thanks, I will have a look at Benitses. It's so hard to decide which area to stay in when you've never been somewhere, so really appreciate your advice.

Lymm, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
284 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bars/Tavernas in Perama

From Benitses you are able to catch the local bus to Corfu Town, or to the south of the Island. It has now lost it's reputation for hooliganism it had in the 80's and is actively improving it's image, by encouraging families and couples who want to enjoy themselves in a traditional Greek Village. Have a look at

http://www.benitses.org/benitseseng/index.htm

Also, http://argobenitses.gr/

…cote-dazur-hotels.com/…

We have been visiting Benitses for 37 years and stayed at the latter property for the first time last year, as it was in the flat area of the village, and as my husband has walking difficulties it was ideally situated. You will be able to view various reviews about Benitses on here. Please contact me if you require further information about the village

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bars/Tavernas in Perama

I've just booked the Mareblue for August this year. I read that there are a few bars and things to do within walking distance of the hotel, even though it is slightly remote in comparison to other places. Now I'm wondering if we are going to get bored during the evenings as we are staying for 2 weeks?....

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bars/Tavernas in Perama

GLAMORGAN
Level Contributor
155 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bars/Tavernas in Perama

Don't know if they intend doing it this year but last year the hotel held a beach disco under the large parasol

( where the slide used to be ) . Believe there was a nominal charge for the drinks there but those who attended seemed to have enjoyed themselves. Apologies but I can't recollect if it was weekly or fortnightly.

9. Re: Bars/Tavernas in Perama

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, June 17, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Perama