We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November fishing

Cold Lake, Canada
11 posts
Save Topic
November fishing

My wife and I will be staying at the SCG from NOV 13 to 23,will be fishing a little

(or a lot) every day,diy and boats.Just wondering if any other fisherman will be there at this time?

Cold Lake, Canada
11 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: November fishing

hi CoxyCuba,thanks for the bits of info.do you have any experience fishing for the baby tarpon in the channels behind the hotel(spin)

essex
Level Contributor
252 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: November fishing

I've been fishing in the cayos for many years ,November is a good month for fishing .a recent post was right about the birds except they are frigates not pelicans . Go to the marina and see if you can locate a captain called Henry . He has the best boat and great fishing knowledge . There are local guides of course that can take you to many great fishing spots ..Waggerlad will help you with this .

Winnipeg, Manitoba
Level Contributor
114 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: November fishing

We will be at the Daquiri the first 2 weeks of March.....Hoping to do some good fishing.....a couple of questions in regards to the fishing......

A) Has anyone had issues with Sunwing when bringing fishing gear? My husband has a tube case for rods & is wondering about size & weight restrictions. (We often travel with Scuba gear & know whats allowed in weight/gear).

- We have looked over Sunwing's baggage/sporting equipment allowance, but doesn'y say anything specific about fishing gear

B) What does everyone do with the fish you catch? Catch & release? Give it away? Will the hotel cook it up for you?

Any additional info/suggestions is greatly appreciated :)

Cheers!

Cold Lake, Canada
11 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: November fishing

Taking a 7 foot rod tube was not a problem on sunwing or westjet,no extra charge if you stay within your weight allowance.To answer your question of what to do with the catch all those things are an option,if you choose to eat some of your catch please tip the chef that prepares it for you.The mutton snapper is especially tasty!Enjoy your trip

Winnipeg, Manitoba
Level Contributor
114 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: November fishing

Thank you CubaFish :)

16. Re: November fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 23, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Cayo Guillermo