We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VIP lounge in guillermo cuba

Manchester England
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
VIP lounge in guillermo cuba

Hi

Can anyone recommend booking the vip lounge at the airport

Many thanks

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
1,733 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VIP lounge in guillermo cuba

Yes, definitely worth it in my opinion.

Priority check in, food and drinks included and comfortable surroundings.

East Midlands...
Level Contributor
532 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VIP lounge in guillermo cuba

Certainly can recommend the VIP Lounge, it's around 20 CUCs ech. As sunshine4me2 pointed out, you get all that and comfy settees in an air conditioned room. You are able to leave the Lounge when ever you like, to go shopping, or just a stroll around then back to the air conned lounge. I like to go upto the main floor and watch the TC plane landing bringing the lucky folk from the UK.

Kuujjuaq, Canada
Destination Expert
for Prince Edward Island
Level Contributor
4,511 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VIP lounge in guillermo cuba

It is actually the Cayo Coco airport and they bus you back and forth from Cayo Guillermo. I used it this past May and would absolutely recommend it. You go through a short VIP check in line(about a third of the regular lines), then on to the VIP departure tax line(walked right past about 40 people to the unoccupied left side while the rest waited on the right), straight through to VIP customs(no wait at all) and through security. Whole process was about 30 minutes from arrival at the airport until I was done. This is compared with probably about an hour and a half for everyone else. You also get access to the VIP lounger after you clear customs. Non crowded air conditioned room with couches and flat screen TVs. Also all the food and drinks you want. They had ham and cheese sandwiches and salami and cheese grilled on a panini grill. The attendant even brings your sandwich right to you so that you don't have to wait while they make it. Same goes for drinks. Also bags of chips and all the cold water, pop, beer, juice, ect you want. There's a big screen with all the flights listed and bathrooms that are surprisingly nice and not constantly occupied. Made the wait 100% more pleasant than past years and well worth the money. Will always be doing this option in future.

Edited: 3:39 pm, August 20, 2012
Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
6,216 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: VIP lounge in guillermo cuba

I suggest you book with your rep as soon as you arrive, because if you leave it too late it soon gets booked up, because there are only so many people allowed in.

CAYUGA
Level Contributor
120 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: VIP lounge in guillermo cuba

We have always booked VIP, it extends your holiday just a bit longer. Our place was cancelled and we were delayed nearly 24 hours, best 20 cuc we have ever spent. Here we are in air conditioned, drinks and very comfy chairs or couches to sleep on, while the majority are sweating their backside off up stairs. It's a totaly no brainer!!!!!!

CAYUGA
Level Contributor
120 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: VIP lounge in guillermo cuba

Sorry, I mean plane was cancelled...lol

Wellow, United...
Level Contributor
2,830 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: VIP lounge in guillermo cuba

Definately yes book it, its far far better than Holguin VIP.

Manchester England
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: VIP lounge in guillermo cuba

Many thanks Alison

Manchester England
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply