We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar daquiri or Blau Colonial - Help me decide

Montreal
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Topic
Iberostar daquiri or Blau Colonial - Help me decide

Hi,

Which hotel is best?? Can anyone give me some feedback concerning food, beaches,rooms, service etc.

Thanks

Fort St-John BC
Level Contributor
644 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar daquiri or Blau Colonial - Help me decide

sunbound44, we really enjoyed the ID, the room was spacious and clean, I have no complaint on the food, lots of choice, the beach was very nice and the staff could not ask for any better. We really enjoyed our two weeks stay at this resort.

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
130 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar daquiri or Blau Colonial - Help me decide

Its hard to pick a resort for someone else, because everyone has different tastes. I have stayed in both places and enjoyed them both, but my preference is the Iberostar. I think there may be more night life at the Blau because you are on Cayo Coco which has more resorts and a disco club {the bat cave} while Guillermo is much quieter but the Iberostar has a nice lounge to sit around and meet people at night. My wife and I will be making our second trip to the Iberostar this Thursday for two weeks. Can hardly wait. The buffet is the best we have found in our 8 trips to Cuba, and the swim up bar is very nice on a hot day. Something the Blau does not have. Hope this helps.

Montreal
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar daquiri or Blau Colonial - Help me decide

Hi Firefight,

Thanks so much for the information,Iberostar sounds like a great place. I think we are leaning towards Iberostar. One last question, how is the beach? In some of the reviews people say there is seagrass etc? Is it rocky?

Thanks once again

High Wycombe
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar daquiri or Blau Colonial - Help me decide

Sand - beautiful white sand

5. Re: Iberostar daquiri or Blau Colonial - Help me decide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:26 am, November 09, 2009