We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Iberostar Daquiri in Nov with 2 kids

toronto
13 posts
Save Topic
Going to Iberostar Daquiri in Nov with 2 kids

Hi all,

First post (ever). My family with be going to the ID first week in Nov. I've been hearing alot of good things about the IB. Its the main reason we are going there. I'm just worried about my 10 month old baby. He partially eat anything but will the food be ok and the water. Will there be alot of mosquito's around that time? How is the weather? Does the resort have crib's and do I have to reserve it in advance? etc... Not really worried about my other child she is 4 and will eat anything with ketchup or chocolate on it.. Any advice will be appreciated.

K.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,934 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Iberostar Daquiri in Nov with 2 kids

Welcome to the forum.

I haven't been to that resort yet but have done lots of reading on it since it's one of our next "want to go" hotels in Cuba.

Here is a site that I have found that has lots of good info. Make sure you click the flag for the correct language you can understand since it is written in English or French. There are many sections to explore on the page for each area of your interest. Lots of photos too.

http://www.varvacations.com/vv_top.asp?hid=68

It looks like a great resort for kids. Check out the kids club photos. They are are so cute.

Laval
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Iberostar Daquiri in Nov with 2 kids

Hello Hope this will help .

I just got back from ID last friday .

yes there is crib but in wood you can't do any adjustment. You should send a email to them to verify to make sure.

I had one in my room .

For the food there is plenty of food for both kids.

We saw chlidren of all ages last week.

About the water .You have a bottle a day of Water i suggest you to always take that water for brush you teeth and basicly check the 4 years old one to make sure she doesn't drink it when she wash her hand .The water in the room is not good to drink .

Beside if you tip well the maid can give you 2 bottles a day instead or you can buy them at the store on the site.

This hotel is icredible.You defenetly made a good choice.

Enjoy...

email: ventas@ibsdaiq.gca.tur.cu

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to Iberostar Daquiri in Nov with 2 kids

The water in the rooms is fine to drink ..just tastes bad lol.

No need to tip the maid for extra water..just ask..they will be pleased to provide extra water.

Just a little tip..if you really really really need Ketchup..bring your own down. I find the Ketchup in Cuba to be a bit on the sour side. I've known lots of Canadian travelers who bring ketchup, vinegar, salad dressings, and peanut butter with them lol

I travel with an open mind regarding foods in other countries and enjoy the local fare..but sometimes you just have to have your favorite condiments.

Harley

toronto
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to Iberostar Daquiri in Nov with 2 kids

Great! thanks for all your advice.

K.

Fort St-John BC
Level Contributor
644 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Going to Iberostar Daquiri in Nov with 2 kids

Hey, we will be at the Daiquiri from Oct 25 to Nov 8, will probably see you there.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Going to Iberostar Daquiri in Nov with 2 kids

We'll be there on the 17th for 2 weeks. See you at the bar !

Harley

London
Level Contributor
11 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Going to Iberostar Daquiri in Nov with 2 kids

Hi will be there from 8th - 22nd! Can't wait - all reviews look fab!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Going to Iberostar Daquiri in Nov with 2 kids

Thanks adanac55 for that new site found it very good.

toronto
13 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Going to Iberostar Daquiri in Nov with 2 kids

Cool. See you all there I will be the Chinese guy with the Tilley hat wrestling with 2 kids and trying to drink a beer at the same time. See you at the swim-up bar. :)

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
174 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Going to Iberostar Daquiri in Nov with 2 kids

We were at ID in 2006 with our daughters (8 months and 5 years old at the time). We asked the staff to take away the crib as it didn't seem up to date and I had some reservations when it came to mattress cleanliness ;) (BTW, we didn't request one, they just assumed we wanted it). We pushed our beds together, used a bed liner and slept with both kids between us. Tap water on Cayo Guillermo is OK to brush your teeth with and we/kids never had any issues with it (we also traveled to the next door resort, Melia Cayo Guillermo in 2007 and 2008). Of course use bottled water for drinking. We brought baby food and dry baby cereal with us, but she would also eat bread (fantastic!) and fruit. Our older daughter is a ketchup addict too and she was fine with their ketchup. Don't cave in into taking a whole fridge with you after reading some of the comments - the whole idea of traveling is experiencing new things and one CAN survive without their favorite brand of peanut butter for a week ;).

We always travel one week before Christmas and we never had bad weather, but be ready for windy days and cooler evenings on occasion (bring a sweater) and a guaranteed visit from no see-ums (nasty little thing ;)).

Have fun, enjoy Cayo Guillermo and have a Daquiri for me as we want be going there this year :( (Ike scared us and we booked a week on Mayan Riviera instead).

Get answers to your questions about Cayo Guillermo