We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

almond beach village

Which Speightstown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Halifax, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
almond beach village

does any know if this hotel is going to re-open. ive got a holiday booked for january 2013

Canada
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: almond beach village

I would re book at another hotel if it were me. If it is to be sold soon I would imagine it would be re-furbished and judging by the speed of work on Barbados time the possibility of it being open would be slim and none by January 2013. But thats just what I would do.....

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,571 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: almond beach village

I agree. Personally I would not book any Almond Properties for now. They are all for sale, and who knows what will happen to them.

Plenty of others to choose from .

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,680 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: almond beach village

craig a

Definitely make alternate arrangements. It is unclear at this stage what exactly will happen to the ABV so contact your tour operator or travel agent ASAP and look for an alternative resort. It's anyone's guess what the ABV will be transformed into.... it could be a 200 room Ritz Carlton, or a 400 room Sandals Resort... but nothing is certain as yet.

Regards

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,072 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: almond beach village

The place is closed. Not open.

Quite simple as previously stated. Get your money back if you've paid anything and book elsewhere.

Scotland
Level Contributor
77 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: almond beach village

Where would you book that is just as good in terms of price and kids clubs??

Thanks.

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,342 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: almond beach village

If you want all inclusive and are not wanting to book an Almond hotel until the future for that group is more certain, then consider Sea Breeze or the Savannah. They are both on the south coast so I am not sure if that would suit you. I think the west coast AI resorts like Mango Bay may not be as competitively priced but check to see as there are sometimes good offers. Beyond the all inclusive properties take

a look at Bougainvillea on the south coast which in my view has good facilities for children and gives you self catering facilities to help keep costs down. Maybe consider an apartment? You don't need AI in Barbados as it's easy to get around and there are plenty of eating options to suit all budgets.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,680 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: almond beach village

KerryScotland

I'd look into the Turtle Beach Resort right next door to the Almond Casurina.

Regards

Scotland
Level Contributor
77 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: almond beach village

Thanks BGI :-)

I just need a really good kids club, that is my overriding need rather than AI :-)

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: almond beach village

As said above the Bougainvillea is great for kids and does have a kids club. Good room options too with children.

1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: almond beach village

Did the village reopen or still closed????

Get answers to your questions about Speightstown