We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for Advice

Which Speightstown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
55 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for Advice

Hi - going on the 13th and looking for some suggestions on must dos in barbados i.e. turtles, shopping, which restaurants are better at ABV etc.

we are 2 adutls, and an 11 and 14 yr old. We read they have cooking and dance lessons - are these good adn worth it?

Should we go to The Gap for the day?

How about the Casuarina?

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,683 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for Advice

Canada41

For things to do in Barbados:

Visit Harrison's Cave

Dive on the Atlantis Submarine

Visit the Barbados Wildlife Reserve (10-12 mins from ABV)

Take a cataraman cruise on Cool Runnings (snorkelling / turtles)

Visit the Barbados Concorde Experience (next to the airport)

Take a 4x4 Adventureland Tour

Shopping - There are a few stores at ABV itself. Take the bus to Holetown and visit Limegrove and West Coast Mall. Just further up will be the Sunset Mall. Don't forget your passport if you plan to do some duty free.

My favourite restaurant at ABV is the Horizon. However, the kids will love the Reef (seaside, pizza, fries, burgers etc). La Smaritta is Italian and Adults Only. Enid's is 100% Local Food and very tasty.

Kids will have fun at the Kids Club.

The Gap is more a night thing than a day thing IMHO.

Almond Casurina is, IMHO, the best AI on Barbados' South Coast. But I prefer ABV's amenities and beach. + They have golf.

Regards

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,075 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for Advice

What you can also do is take a look at this link and you'll find additional things to do that might be of interest, tripadvisor.ca/Travel-g147262-s1/…Inside.html

manchester
Level Contributor
47 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for Advice

You can visit the Turtles from the hotels beach. Don't book the hotel trip as it is pretty expensive. Go and see one of the lads from Just Chillin and they will take you out for a much better price...You will find them next to the Watersports hut...They are really friendly, nice guys and not pushy at all...

The hotel tend to take the banana boat out everyday and you can go out on the Hobbiecats if you don't want to sail them yourself you can get one of the Guys who works at the Watersports hut to take you out.

You can take the free bus into Bridgetown for the half day shopping tour.

and you can use the free bus that takes you you to the Almond Beach Club to go into Holestown etc.

The hotel do book an excursion to Oistins for the fish fry on friday night which is a good nite out.

The beach BBQ is really good on a wednesday (i think) but in general the entertainment is fairly low key and tends to finsh 11-1130 ish..

Toronto
Level Contributor
55 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for Advice

thanks for all the great information.

Toronto
Level Contributor
55 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for Advice

thanks - should we bring US $$$?

Toronto
Level Contributor
55 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for Advice

disregard currency question - I found my answer in the barbados forum.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,683 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for Advice

You're welcome Canada41!

Regards

8. Re: Looking for Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, October 07, 2012