We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bringing a "Laptop" to the ABV.

Little Silver, New...
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Topic
Bringing a "Laptop" to the ABV.

I understand there is Wireless Internet Service at the ABV, My question is: Has anyone brought a Laptop to the ABV and had any problems using it and do they think it is worth bringing. Will it be safe being kept in the Room?

Thanks in Advance, Gary.

Derbyshire Dame
Level Contributor
536 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bringing a "Laptop" to the ABV.

I took my laptop last December and will be taking it again this December! There was free wi-fi in the main reception area, in The Horizons lounge area and outside in the courtyard by Tommy's Bar/Enids Restaurant.

The wi fi was fast and reliable.

There is a business centre but it was quite expensive to use which is why I took my laptop instead.

Colorado Springs...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Bringing a "Laptop" to the ABV.

Hi Gary,

Did you get internet access at ABV? If so, how much did it cost? We are going in a few weeks and unfortunately have to log in for school work.

Derbyshire Dame
Level Contributor
536 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bringing a "Laptop" to the ABV.

If you take your own laptop wi-fi is free. When we went in December 2009 there was a good, fast, reliable connection in the main reception area and in the courtyard outside Tommy's Bar. In the Horizons Lounge there is internet acces. There are also desks and power points, too, along with tea, coffee and a nearby bar.

The business centre has computers and internet access but the charge was, from memory, around $10 US for 30 minutes so taking a laptop is by far your best option.

When using mine with mains electricity I always use a surge protector to plug into, just in case!

Enjoy you're trip. We're going again in December, along with the laptop!

4. Re: Bringing a "Laptop" to the ABV.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 01, 2011
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question