We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going AI but what does the Speightstown have to offer....?

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Going AI but what does the Speightstown have to offer....?

My girlfriend and I are are staying at the Almond Beach Village later in the year. Is anyone able to tell me of any good bars nearby that we could walk to easily, preferably ones where we are able to watch premier league football matches?

I understand that St Lawrence gap is the place to go for a spot of nightlife and partying, but does Speightstown offer anywhere we could head to at a moments notice, for a night out.

Sometimes I like to escape the AI environment!!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,488 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going AI but what does the Speightstown have to offer....?

There's only really The Fisherman's Pub in Speightstown but at a moments notice you could hop on a bus to Holetown there's plenty there. Try Groots just before Holetown just ask the bus driver - good atmosphere. Plenty of buses to get you back to Speightstown

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
91 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going AI but what does the Speightstown have to offer....?

There's a new restaurant called Wave Rider on the sea side of the main street, north of Fishermen's Pub. It's very casual, great food, reasonable prices. Lunch menu is typical Bajan but dinner menu includes steaks and fish. Suggest you drop in at lunch to make a reservation, they're probably not even listed in the local phone directories yet.

Also, Cassareep serves Moroccan food in the evening. We usually go for lunch. It's the first door south of Mademoiselle shoes, also on the sea side of the main street. Doesn't look like much from the street, you need to go down the side of the cafe to see it properly.

Mango's By The Sea in Holetown is worth a look as well.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
91 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going AI but what does the Speightstown have to offer....?

p.s. the 3 places in Speightstown that I mentioned aren't "bars" to watch football, just other options for an evening out

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going AI but what does the Speightstown have to offer....?

Mangos by the sea is in Speightstown, next to the $3 store.

Fisherman's Pub has live entertainment on a Wednesday evening.

Wave Riders is a nice, casual place to eat. You can call 001 246 239 2083.

A little to the north is Moon Town. The shop/bar St Elmo has music over the weekend, and Merton's opposite does nice local food Thursday, Friday, Saturday.

To watch football, you will need to venture into Holetown - Surf Side. However, I think that Tommy's Bar in ABV shows some football matches too.

5. Re: Going AI but what does the Speightstown have to offer....?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 16, 2010