We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

General questions

newcastle
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Topic
General questions

Hi, I'm thinking about holidaying at Barbados next June. The hotel I've seen is southern palms beach club. It will be myself (31) my wife (29) and our currently unborn baby who is due in October.

So firstly how is Barbados for babies?

The hotel I've looked at is room only, what is the average cost for meals and drinks etc? I no this can vary widely.

What is the weather like at the beginning of June?

In info regarding the hotel would be appreciated too.

Thanks in advance.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
432 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: General questions

Southern Palms would be great for your family. We are going back for our third stay there on Saturday. We prefer the older part of the hotel and stay on the ground floor with fantastic access to the beach. There are several choices for eating just across the road or a short walk into the Gap. The beach is gorgeous and usually very quiet.

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: General questions

You can get Pampers and Huggies here, although they work out at approx gbp10 for a pack containing 35-40 nappies. You could always buy a pack or 2 airside at MAN/LGW so that you have some for when you get here but it is not taking up weight in your checked luggage. SMA is sold here and is manufactored by Wyeth the same manufactorer in UK. It may be worth bringing a mossie net for the cot just in case.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,544 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: General questions

cra_and_hay

You're welcome. Hope you have a wonderful holiday.

Regards

Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: General questions

I like Southern Palms a lot. This is where I stayed a couple times with my kids, who were a lot older than yours, and much older now. We call it The Pink Hotel. :)

The rooms are pretty comfortable as well, and the suite is quite large. The suites have small kitchenettes; the other rooms only have a fridge. Last year I asked to see changes to the property, and found the room upgrades to be quite nice.

The atmosphere is good, the staff is very friendly, it is on an awesome beach, and the hotel has really good entertainment. There's a good-size pool (not olympic, but good-size) that I smile now as I remember my kids saying, "Come on, Mom. Jump in. It's only six feet deep!" LOL. I am not a good swimmer, but I made sure that they are. And as everyone said, there is a lot to do in the area, as well as many dining options. Oh, and they have free wireless, which is a huge plus for some. :)

15. Re: General questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 06, 2014