We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oceans 2 or Southern Palms...

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
173 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Oceans 2 or Southern Palms...

I hear both places are great, however quite a diff in price, which I guess that's what it boils down to?? Location wise, they are close on Dover...I didn't see anything where SP provides chairs on the beach whereas O2 does?? The amenities at O2 seem far superior but I don't think that would be a deciding factor...def like the roof top thing....

Thanks for the input...

Ron

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
173 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Oceans 2 or Southern Palms...

Hey K, thanks. We're pretty much a low maintenance crew so I think SP will fit us quite nicely. Use the $ saved from O2 n live it up.

Does anyone have any details on rooms at SPs. I've been browsing their website and it states Palm Court has "suites" and Crescent has the "suites" as well with Crescent having 2 levels.

I guess I'm asking does Palm Court have 2 bedrooms? Not sure if Crescent has 2 bedrooms....

Ron

USA, TN

London, United...
Level Contributor
767 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Oceans 2 or Southern Palms...

Ron, might be worth e:mailing Stephen on the reservations team at SP (reservations@southernpalms.net).

He's been extremely helpful to us in the past with our room requirements and will be able to help you decide which type of room and in which block is best suited for your needs and budget.

Generally the rooms are either Garden/Pool view or Ocean View. The Ocean view rooms are slightly more expensive. They also have suites and luxury suites so there's quite a wide range for you to choose. The reservations team at SP should be able to help you decide what's best for you.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
446 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Oceans 2 or Southern Palms...

We prefer the older part of the hotel, more in keeping with the traditional, colonial style. We only have one room as our son is still young but friends have had linked rooms or suites. There are some special rooms in Capri and Ladysmith. You really want to have a view of the ocean from your terrace or balcony.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
173 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Oceans 2 or Southern Palms...

Awesome.... Thanks for the contact, P.

Cheers.

Ron

USA, TN

Lansdowne...
14 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Oceans 2 or Southern Palms...

Do you plan on taking in the whole St Lawrence Gap scene?

as both are at the very quiet end of the Gap.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
173 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Oceans 2 or Southern Palms...

Indeed, def plan on taking in the Gap scene...

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,361 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Oceans 2 or Southern Palms...

Both are at the quieter end of the Gap but it's only a short walk to the bars etc so the location is ideal in many ways.

18. Re: Oceans 2 or Southern Palms...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, May 21, 2014
Get answers to your questions about St. Lawrence Gap