We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

almond cassurina resort

toronto
Level Contributor
353 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
almond cassurina resort

Hello,

was going to book this hotel today and noticed a post about it closing. i spoke with my travel agent yesterday and she said everything is being offered the same and that the new couples ownership happens in June. Im just a little worried about going now. can some one please ease my mind so i can book this wonderful property?

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,944 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: almond cassurina resort

donna123

Couples is taking over the Almond Casuarina Resort on February 10th, 2013 (next Sunday). During the period of February 10th to May 31st 2013, Couples Resorts will embark on a US $3 million facilities and property upgrade programme designed to enhance the resort and meet Couples Resorts' requirements.

Effective June 1st, 2013 the resort will be rebranded as Couples Barbados and will become the island's first and only all-inclusive resort for adult couples.

When did you intend to visit? Between now and June or after June?

Regards

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,247 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: almond cassurina resort

There have been a number of posts about this. Put couples resort in the search box. The following links might help you.

travelweekly.com/Travel-News/…

http://couples.com/barbados/

There should be a note of caution though.

There have been a number of hotel renovation projects over the years that were highly publicized and ended up causing disappointment for many too anxious to get great deals early. Will that be the case with Couples? It's too early to tell but the general advice has been to wait until all renovations are done and the hotel has been fully running for a few months. No offence intended towards the Couples organization nor their intent. Things unfortunately do not always happen in the timelines originally set out. It is truly a personal choice to book or not.

If you intend to go under the Almond brand prior to the changeover you might want to think about it. Normally when these change overs are about to take place just the minimum is done until the new owners take over. Plus if some of the staff have been advised that their services will not be required with the new owners, attention to detail might be lacking.

toronto
Level Contributor
353 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: almond cassurina resort

i booked it for February 24th. I bought cancellation insurance though air transat in which i can change date or cancel. I will make a decision as we get closer. And if i hear anything else on here in reagrds to it.

my travel agent assured me that it will still be operating under Almond and all servies will be the same. she contact transat holiday yesterday to confirm.

so yeah, im a little worried about going here I except everything the brochure is offering and if not the tour operator will be responsible.

4. Re: almond cassurina resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:31 am, February 11, 2013
Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,944 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: almond cassurina resort

donna 123

You'll be fine then. The hotel is operating normally at the moment and will continue do to so well after your stay is complete.

Regards

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,944 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: almond cassurina resort

Jane S

Effective June 15th, 2013 the resort will be rebranded as Couples Barbados and will become the island's first and only all-inclusive resort for adult couples.

That statement is 100% correct. Why?

1. Sugar Cane Club is not exclusively an AI hotel. Everyone has the option to book Room Only, Room + Breakfast, Room + Breakfast + Lunch or AI.

2. Sugar Cane Club is not for adult couples only. They accept guests 14 years of age and over.

Therefore, Couples Barbados will become the island's first and only all-inclusive resort for adult couples in June 2013 as only adult couples can stay there and it is exclusively on an all-inclusive basis.

Hope this clarification helps

Regards

Edited: 10:25 am, February 04, 2013
toronto
Level Contributor
353 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: almond cassurina resort

Thanks you :)

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
463 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: almond cassurina resort

I was wondering where this hotel was going,thought they had bought Escape at the Gap which I thought was going to be too small. Been to Couples Swept Away in Jamaica which was fab.

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: almond cassurina resort

It seems like all the hotels in that chain seem to have disappeared. When I went to Cassuarina in 2011 they also had an adults only one in Holetown and Almond beach village near Speightstown then Almond Village closed, then the one in Holetown disappeared now Cassaurina

essex, england
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: almond cassurina resort

bgi world traveller

i read this on the couples website

Couples is taking over the Almond Casuarina Resort on February 10th, 2013 (next Sunday). During the period of February 10th to May 31st 2013, Couples Resorts will embark on a US $3 million facilities and property upgrade programme designed to enhance the resort and meet Couples Resorts' requirements.

i am concerned that there will building work during my stay in mid may, i e-mailed couples a few hours ago and am awaiting their reply, i stayed at the almond beach club in 95 when they were doing major renovation work, and that was horrendous, have you heard anything?

many thanks for your reply

Get answers to your questions about St. Lawrence Gap