We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 Banks for $10 BDS still available at Dover Beach?

Hanover, Canada
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
5 Banks for $10 BDS still available at Dover Beach?

Last April the going rate at a couple of Dover Beach food and beverage stalls was 5 Banks for $10 BDS. It was such a good deal. I didn't need to take all 5 at once either to get that price. 31 days and I'm back on Dover beach.

Reportedly there are a few posters on this forum who enjoy Banks. Perhaps someone with recent experience could confirm if the price is the same?

Thanks.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,680 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 Banks for $10 BDS still available at Dover Beach?

smokey66

4 for $10 is a much more frequent occurence these days as prices continue to increase.

Regards

yorkshire
Level Contributor
706 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 Banks for $10 BDS still available at Dover Beach?

how far is dover beach from coconut court as that sounds like a good deal anywhere near coconut court that do that deal thanks

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,342 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 Banks for $10 BDS still available at Dover Beach?

Get the bus from outside C Court towards Oistins. Takes approx 10 mins depending on traffic. You can get off at the too end of the Gap and stroll down towards Dover or at Divi Southwinds - walk through the grounds and turn left when you exit their grounds and then it's just a couple of hundred yards to Dover area where those bars are. Not so many bars immediately located outside C Court - one across the road, Fred's a bit further down and Blakeys on the boardwalk will be nearest.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,680 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 Banks for $10 BDS still available at Dover Beach?

birdieyork

Dover Beach is just 5-7 minutes drive along the South Coast. Any bus travelling South can take you there. Oistins, Airport, Sam Lords Castle, Silver Sands etc. Make the right into St. Lawrence Gap and you can access the beach opposite the Dover Playing Field.

Regards

Edited: 1:28 pm, July 23, 2012
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 Banks for $10 BDS still available at Dover Beach?

There is Blue Room immediately across from CC. They have 2 happy hours 6-7pm and 9-10pm. CC have happy hours 12-1pm and 5-6pm. No deals like Dover Beach but still 2-4-1 drinks.

Hanover, Canada
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 5 Banks for $10 BDS still available at Dover Beach?

In April, three Dover beach bars sold Banks at 2 for $5 BDS or 5 for $10 BDS. Ocean 15 Hotel, just down the street towards Turtle Beach Resort had a deal on Caribe beer at 6 for $16 BDS. Divi Southwind beach restaurant had 2-4-1 happy hour from noon till 1pm, but Banks were close to $8 BDS including taxes and presumably a service charge. So at happy hour it was about $4 BDS per Banks. Not a bad deal when they let non-guests use their lounge chairs for free.

Perhaps Brettski can help out here re costs at other bars in the Gap. Ie. I'd like to go, and probably will go to the Salt Ash bar, but I am wondering if there is a happy hour special?

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 5 Banks for $10 BDS still available at Dover Beach?

Majority of the bars in the Gap do have happy hour at one stage. I find the price is usually between 5bds and 6 bds outside HH.

Scotties is about 2.50 - 3.00 bds depending what you have of course.

Only problem with my favourite bar Salt Ash they don't do HH, but i ain't bothered because i think you get a great view, great company in return. It is 5.50 bds for either Banks or rum and coke.

uk
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 5 Banks for $10 BDS still available at Dover Beach?

Pablos in the chattel village at the Gap often has Banks at 3 for $10 on along with various other offers on drinks on different days/ times including rum at $2

They have live music and kareoke on certain nights

They also do offers on food as well eg 2for1 burgers on Mondays

There were still a couple of bars on Dover beach doing Banks at either 2 for $5 or 5f or$10 in June this year.

Edited: 7:36 am, July 24, 2012
Hanover, Canada
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 5 Banks for $10 BDS still available at Dover Beach?

Hi Brettski: You have mentioned in other posts that Salt Ash has a great rum punch. Baving only recently been introduced to the demon rum punch, and why it took so long I don't know, I'm wondering is there really a difference between the rum punch from one bar to another, or from the Cockspur version to other bottled versions? I have to tell you that the bottle of home made rum punch that I purchased from the Dover Market was good enough that it might well become my default beverage while on the island. OK....maybe Banks if it's really really hot outside.

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 5 Banks for $10 BDS still available at Dover Beach?

I tend to think that all good bar persons make a decent rum punch, personally never had one i disliked, yes they may differ slightly from bar to bar but i'm sure the majority of people who have tried them all over the place would agree they are a great drink albeit some can be a bit more potent than others !

Have to say the rum punches from Mr Delicious van are my favourite.