We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best value hotel in Saint-Lawrence Gap???

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Best value hotel in Saint-Lawrence Gap???

Hi all. Looking for the best overall value in a hotel in the GAP area. We stayed at the Rostrevor last year and it was nice, and we were looking for something similar for our upcomming trip in October.

I hear the South Gap Hotel is pretty run down, although fairly cheap, and offers wi-fi. What about Time Out at the Gap? We want a hotel that is clean, reasonably priced, offers free WI-FI, room w/ AC, a pool and beach access, and also a kitchenette. What would you guys recommend? I heard about Coral Mist as well... but I believe this is a little further down closer to Rockley. Should we just book Rostrevor again? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best value hotel in Saint-Lawrence Gap???

What was wrong with Rostevor?

Or did you just want a change?

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,358 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best value hotel in Saint-Lawrence Gap???

Rostrevor has a new modernised wing now.

Time out at the Gap - not sure if it has opened yet but I have seen it on websites so may be open by the time you go. Think it's had a refurb too.

South Gap - noise from nightlife could be an issue.

You could also consider Divi Southwinds, Maresol, Oceans 15, Ocean2, White Sands Villas, Meridien - those cover a range of budgets.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best value hotel in Saint-Lawrence Gap???

Susie from Canada, nothing was wrong with the Rostrevor. We just wanted to get an idea if there is something better in the same region for roughly the same price point. .

Almatt, ideally I want to stay within the St-Lawrence Gap, so White Sands and Oceans are out of the question.. I hear that Hastings is the new "night spot"... is this true? We may consider getting a hotel closer to there....

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best value hotel in Saint-Lawrence Gap???

also at 350USD$/night.. the White Sands is out of the budget... looking more along the lines of 100-150$/night

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,358 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best value hotel in Saint-Lawrence Gap???

Not sure I agree about Hastings being nightlife central!

Do consider Maresol, Meridien and Time Out which are at the south end of Dover Beach so easy walk into Gap.

Out of the immediate Gap area try Worthing/Rockley area - not sure of prices but

check out Coral Mist/Blue Orchids, Southern

Surf, Worthing Court, and also Pirates Inn at Browne's Gap. Hope that helps.

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,499 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best value hotel in Saint-Lawrence Gap???

Maresol or Oceans 15 down the quieter end of the Gap.

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,358 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best value hotel in Saint-Lawrence Gap???

See post number 2 Brett! :P

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,499 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best value hotel in Saint-Lawrence Gap???

I saw it Mrs, just seconding your choice's..

9. Re: Best value hotel in Saint-Lawrence Gap???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 30, 2013
Get answers to your questions about St. Lawrence Gap