We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jubilee street party

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,455 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Jubilee street party

What a great day was had by all on Sunday, great music by the UB40 tribute band, great food and plenty of alternative drinks...i stuck to the Eclipse and coke ;-)

The street was really busy all day long and every Nationality seemed to also enjoy the day too which was good news.

south east
Level Contributor
918 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jubilee street party

You lucky people!! You may have seen some of the Thames pageant? The weather here was appalling and the poor queen looked frozen! I sat glued to Sky tv all afternoon watching it from the comfort of an arm chair whilst eating a cream tea - followed by champers in the evening. I'm so sorry I couldn't have been outside like yourself in Barbados. Thankfully a little better today and have just returned from our village jubilee day and celebrity cricket match! Watch out for the Royal procession tomorrow - and waving from the balcony of Buck Palace - hope you are getting good coverage of it in BIM!

south east
Level Contributor
918 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jubilee street party

Forgot to ask if anyone noticed yesterday one of the little boats with the Barbados flag on it??

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,474 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jubilee street party

I noticed!! as well as Jamaica St Lucia and St Vincent. I would not be at all surprised if Rihanna performed at The Palace concert this evening!!

manchester england
Level Contributor
356 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jubilee street party

What a brilliant street party that virgin put on at st lawrence gap

i even queued for english fish and chips lol

Just found out my friend won the weekend break at yellow bird too.

great day had by all x

Jackie

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,544 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jubilee street party

Speaking of the Jubilee Celebrations.... Channel 3 (ITV) in the UK has a promotion on with a prize valued at £110,000. It includes a, £60,000 cash, a £34,000 Volvo XC60 SUV, and an all expenses paid trip to Barbados staying at Ebb Tide Villa in Fitts Village. Flights will be Premium Economy. Promotion ends June 15th. Looks EXCITING!!!

manchester england
Level Contributor
356 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jubilee street party

BGIWT

i Saw that on this morning yesterday. But the answer to the question is so easy they will have enough people entering it to pay for it. Mind you someone has too win it. So may have a go haha.

Jac

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,216 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jubilee street party

What a wonderful day it was on Sunday. Virgin Atlantic transformed St.Lawrence Gap into an English street party but with the sunshine! There was a really good turn out with hundreds of people there. The band were playing outside of the Sugar Lounge and were fantastic. The parade was hilarious with a London Black taxi cab and her Majesty inside waving! Prince William and Kate and the stilt walkers followed on foot behind. There were also two traffic wardens who wandered around the whole day keeping things in check ... so funny!

I was so pleased I was in Barbados to celebrate this with good friends.

There are a lot of photos on Facebook if anyone is interested.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,474 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jubilee street party

I was there as well this was a masterstroke on VA's part. Fantastic dayout visitors and locals from all over Barbados enjoying a brilliant event well organised. Fish Chips and mushy peas and Cider at Pisces was the order of the day for me!! Roll on 2022!!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,621 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jubilee street party

It was fabulous.. Had the fish and Chips.. the Bacon Sandwich (can't remember what you brits call it) and some nice sausages as well as a cider at McBridges.. Fabulous day.. Virgin did a great job.. (we are trying to talk them into this at least a couple of times a year.. great fun.

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
335 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jubilee street party

Sunniebgi, the bacon sandwich is what we brits call a `bacon buttie` spelling depends on area you live, get VA to do a party on Barbados Independance day if you can as 10 of us will be there late nov. earle dec.for 2 weeks.Glad everyone enjoyed the party IN THE SUN , we just had a usual english summer day of RAIN. Week before was sunny though.