We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turtle laying on WS beach.

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Turtle laying on WS beach.

I was mr & mrs Rockley last night having a nice drink at Salt Ash on White Sands beach when only a matter of yards away a turtle came up to the top of the beach, and after a while she decided on her spot and began to lay her eggs, took about 25 - 30 minutes. Then calmly went back into the sea, A great sight to see for everyone there.

Mentioned in this post
Salt Ash Apartments
Salt Ash Apartments
65 Reviews
Barbados
simbadelight
Level Contributor
184 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turtle laying on WS beach.

lovely seen that 1 year at silversands

Canada
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turtle laying on WS beach.

Wish I could see that happen!!

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turtle laying on WS beach.

I should have said was "with" mr & mrs Rockley

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Turtle laying on WS beach.

When we were there a turtle layer eggs right up against the wall of the White Sands Villas. 2 days later others were hatching in more or less the same place. Then most mornings we saw quite a few in the sea, so definitely a good beach for turtles.

5. Re: Turtle laying on WS beach.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 am, May 24, 2012
Kidderminster...
Level Contributor
209 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Turtle laying on WS beach.

Fairpoint...I am sure I am not the only member who does not understand your reply, why so rude? perhaps you would like to explain yourself.

manchester england
Level Contributor
361 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Turtle laying on WS beach.

I think he has a beef with Brettsk18 as he/she have put a nasty reply to one off his replies on another subject.

fairpoint i dont know you but you sound as the bajans would say as right

R****hole.

Jackie

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
5,042 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Turtle laying on WS beach.

Brett,.. can you call the Turtle Hotline (it's in the phone book, or look up Belairs Turtle Research Facility) and give them the location of the beach etc.. they keep track of these things.. thanks..

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Turtle laying on WS beach.

Sunni,

I left a message on their FB page, also rang them twice yesterday but got no answer. A few people said they are busy this time of year, but will try again today.

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Turtle laying on WS beach.

...and fairpoint i missed your 'comment' so would you care to send me a pm and explain.

Get answers to your questions about St. Lawrence Gap