We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling end October/early november. Weather concerns?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling end October/early november. Weather concerns?

Any thoughts? Last year went to Barbados in "peak" hurricane season in September, and we had nice weather all the way through. (JUST missed Rihanna!!!) This year we are planning to go in late OCtober/early November? Any weather concerns? ARe most places closed... any events going on? Feedback plz.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,551 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling end October/early november. Weather concerns?

Lupo1985

September/October is low season and a relatively good time of the year to visit. Average daily temperatures are highs of around 31°C and lows of around 24°C. Humidity is around 82%. Apart from that, October is the rainiest month of the year here so there will be quite a bit of rainfall, especially when Tropical Systems are around from June - November. Nonetheless, you will still get lots of sunshine from time to time.

It is also prudent to note that September/October is when many hotels/bars/restaurants close for annual staff holidays and renovations. Therefore, do undertake some research to ensure the restaurants you want to dine at are open during the period of your stay.

For October 2012 events, see this link: www.barbados.org/whatsoninbarbados-month.php…

Have a fantastic time in Barbados!

Regards

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,013 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling end October/early november. Weather concerns?

Here's a new site you might find helpful.

http://bimweather.com/

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,396 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling end October/early november. Weather concerns?

I came out here on 26th October 11 and everywhere was up and running , so don't worry about places being closed. I can't honestly remember what the weather was like, but I got very brown, so unless it was rust, I think we can safely say there was a lot of sun !!!

manchester england
Level Contributor
356 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling end October/early november. Weather concerns?

i have been to barbados in September and November and too be honest they were great weeks plenty of sunshine i think October is the only month i havent been to barbados so cannot comment

Last April it rained and rained this April was lovely and sunny so i can easily change.

Just go and have a good time.

Jac

manchester england
Level Contributor
356 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling end October/early november. Weather concerns?

should say it can easily change from month to month year to year

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling end October/early november. Weather concerns?

We usually go at the end of Oct., beginning of Nov. Sometimes there is a rain shower, but it never interferes with our fun! Every day we've had our time in the sun on the beach.

portsmouth, england
Level Contributor
262 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling end October/early november. Weather concerns?

We are flying out on October 24th for 2 weeks and did exactly the same last year and had a lovely weather. Remember a few showers but it wasn't a problem at all. Everything was open but also not to busy to - had lots of times with beaches virtually to ourselves :-)

8. Re: Travelling end October/early november. Weather concerns?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, December 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about St. Lawrence Gap