We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red Rock & Time Out at the Gap

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,573 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Red Rock & Time Out at the Gap

Heard a rumour that Red Rock are looking elsewhere to set up, so does anyone know if it is shutting down asap, also is Time Out still taking in guests ? (not that i aim to stay there i must add !)

Thanks in advance.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Red Rock & Time Out at the Gap

don't know but i think the time out at the gap is actually separate from the hotel.

england
Level Contributor
552 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Red Rock & Time Out at the Gap

Time Out is the hotel, Red Rock is the bar. Time out at the Gap has not been doing so good since they lost the Virgin contract. Saying that though when our flight was cancelled Virgin stuck us in there for the night and I must say am not keen to repeat the experience. The bar although not my favourite place either was doing very well last year, not so good this year. I have heard rumours too that it was moving.

tyne and wear
Level Contributor
548 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Red Rock & Time Out at the Gap

My friends are in Barbados staying near the Gap and have told me Red rock is closed as is the ship inn. Apparently even McBrides is not very busy at the moment either.

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,573 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Red Rock & Time Out at the Gap

I doubt McBrides will close down, as long as they have artists on it will be full of customers. Don't forget it is quiet this time of the year all round.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,168 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Red Rock & Time Out at the Gap

I heard a rumour that Red Rock was going to be soundproofed and turned into a nightclub... Got a feeling somebody mentioned it on here a while back??

Has anybody heard any more about Sweet Potato becoming a club?

Seems in the absence of the Ship, the band Strategy have been seeking new venues to play - they have performed at the Reggae Lounge the last couple of Thursdays and McBride's Tuesdays - will see if it becomes a regular thing!

Ottawa
Level Contributor
166 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Red Rock & Time Out at the Gap

The owners/managers of Red Rock have taken over running the bar and restaurant at the Coconut Court hotel. They also have taken over the lease on the bar across the street and are running it as a sports bar. All the staff at the Coconut Court restaurant and bar were let go and only Anotonio is left running the beach bar. Mark and Margaret have moved into the bar and restaurant with Margaret supposed to be the manager. Jason from Red Rock is the barman at the sports bar.

The bar at Time Out is supposed to be closed in and run as a nightclub once the refurb is complete.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,936 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Red Rock & Time Out at the Gap

also LMR, i saw that strategy are also performing at the boatyard so let's hope that picks up...great venue for live music.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,168 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Red Rock & Time Out at the Gap

Oh yes, I did see that Rootsie, had forgotten! Counting on you to check it all out for us next month!! :O)

Connecticut
Level Contributor
197 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Red Rock & Time Out at the Gap

Does anyone have a status on Red Rock? Is it still open? Has it reopened as night club? Hopefully soundproofed as I will be staying at Sapphire Beach and I can see it from my bedroom window.

Hastings, Barbados
Level Contributor
478 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Red Rock & Time Out at the Gap

red rock is closed and the old owners now have the BLUE ROOM across from the COCNUT COURT HOTEL(the old JORUS)/a neat little sports type bar...been fairly busy of late, as well.

Get answers to your questions about St. Lawrence Gap
Recent Conversations