We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transportation taxi fares in Barbados

Empire, Michigan
1 post
Save Topic
Airport transportation taxi fares in Barbados

I just want to ask if the fares quoted for taxi service from the airport to the different hotels are per person or per ride destination? We will have 2 traveling from the airport to Speightstown and want to make sure of how much the taxi will be for 2 passengers one way.

YYC
Level Contributor
1,068 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport transportation taxi fares in Barbados

There is a sign with the fares posted by the taxi desk just as you exit immigration and customs. I believe the fares would be the rate per taxi..You should not have to pay more for two people. Always make sure the fare is in BDS dollars, not USD, before you enter the cab.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
289 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport transportation taxi fares in Barbados

Here is a site I used.

www.barbados.org/tours/barbadostaxis.htm

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
289 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport transportation taxi fares in Barbados

In addition, we had 6 passengers so got a van and the price was the same.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport transportation taxi fares in Barbados

We had the opposite experience. The fare written down on the piece of paper was B$16 more than what was posted inside the airport. We had four people, each with one large suitcase. I had to ask three times (I think he was pretending not to hear me) and he just gestured to the luggage and said "lots of luggage".

MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport transportation taxi fares in Barbados

Fares are per taxi NOT per person

Speightstown according to the Airport Board in April 2010 was 73 BDS$ .. but it may have increased

...before you get in ensure the prices is clearly agreed in either BDS$ or US$ (if that is all you have)

Edited: 4:18 am, April 04, 2011
Newfoundland
Level Contributor
93 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport transportation taxi fares in Barbados

I think the prices for taxis from the airport fluctuate quite widely.

Last year we stayed at Butterfly Beach, and I figured the taxi fare would be around $30 BBD since it's not that far from the airport. We ended up being charged $45 BBD, the explanation was that we were a family of 4 with "excessive" luggage.

So basically they charge more if you are more than 2 people & if you have more than 2 bags. Which I really don't think is fair ,since you are going the same distance.

We are doing the same thing in about 3 weeks time & I'm expecting to pay $50 BBD this time. I'll be surprised if we pay less. Not a great welcome to an otherwise beautiful country.

Douglas, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport transportation taxi fares in Barbados

We're Brits Holidaying in Barbados right now in Port Saint Charles, near Speightstown.

We've used Keisha Cumberbatch (247-7627, mainly airport service and lond trips) and Steve Rowe (233-3619, very local to Port Saint Charles), they are right on the money, punctual/prompt/reliable, as well as being good drivers. The best Barbados in our opinion.

Edited: 3:19 pm, February 07, 2012
montreal canada
Level Contributor
185 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport transportation taxi fares in Barbados

When you arrive there is a sign posting the fares to all locations..I pay 31.00 BDS to the Gap (Christ Church)..But i always repeat the fare and i ask the attendant for a receipt, so as there is no confusion when i arrive at my destination..I have never had any problems..Usually when i head out, i have a friend who carries me to the airport( he is a taxi driver) and he charges me 30.00 bds.But if you are a gang with a Van it will cost up to 40-60.00 bds...

Atlantic Shores...
Level Contributor
2,131 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport transportation taxi fares in Barbados

Gegeiom,

Perhaps you'd consider posting those contact numbers in the semi-official list of taxi driver recommendations. Keeping the info in one place and all that.

It's here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147262-i230-k5044…

10. Re: Airport transportation taxi fares in Barbados

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 am, February 20, 2012
Get answers to your questions about St. Lawrence Gap
Recent Conversations