We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scuba Diving

Which Hastings hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
120 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Scuba Diving

Hi

My wife and I are staying at the Savannah Beach Hotel from 4-18 August and I am keen do do a diving trip. Is there anyone who would be interested in buddying up for a trip (my wife doesn't dive!)? I am qualified to Ocean Diver (BSAC) but I haven't done any diving at all for 3 years so I would probably be looking to do less adventurous dives although in the past I have done wreck dives to 30m.

If anyone is interested please let me know via this forum or PM me.

Andy

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,129 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scuba Diving

If you contact Roger's Scuba Shack they will take you out, and if you don't have a buddy they will pair you up with someone or buddy with you. The dive shop is run by 3 brothers and a nephew and really looks after you.They will collect you and drop you back at your hotel in their minibus. I have been diving with them since I did my PADI OW referral there many years ago, followed by my Advanced, and they make the dives fun but very safe.

There is a wreck dive at 30m on the west coast that they will take you to - the Stavronikita. You usually go down the mast and circle the deck at about 30m. You can't go into it as it is unsafe now. There are also numerous shallow wrecks in Carlisle Bay right outside the dive shop and you can go into some of those - One has an air pocket in the hold (you can't breathe the air) and there is one with a spiral staricase inside it.

The guys at Rcgars are really good at finding things and pointing them out to you. I have seen turtles, eagle rays, stingrays, eels and seahorses with them as well as the numerous fish/corals

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
120 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scuba Diving

Hi

Thank you for replying.

I did the Stavroikita 3 years ago but I would fancy a few more wrecks. I will give RSS a try out.

Many thanks

Andy

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,129 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scuba Diving

Enjoy! We're not back til December and I can't wait as it will be over 18 months since our last visit and I gt withdrawal symptoms!

4. Re: Scuba Diving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, July 25, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Hastings